Should I upgrade to Solstice AquaClass for $160 more total?

ohhbother

On my upcoming Solstice sailing, I can move from CC to AquaClass for $160 more total. What do you think -- worth it?

Hi Ohhbother !

You should ask yourself if the Aqua Class amenities appeal to you. Assuming they do, I would absolutely go for the $ 160. Usually, it is far more for AQ, and that is a very good deal.

Please let us know what you decide. Enjoy your Cruise !

As previously posted, it depends on what is important to you. A few points to ponder - the same double sailing credits as CC or a suite, dining in Blu (this was the selling point for us), double occupancy only in the AQ cabins (few, if any, children), and the spa touches in and out of the cabin exclusive to AQ.

At this point, of course, it is an educated guess, but I would go for it.

On my upcoming Solstice sailing, I can move from CC to AquaClass for $160 more total. What do you think -- worth it?

I don't understand????

Why would anyone pay to downgrade from CC to Aquaclass?

I don't understand????

Why would anyone pay to downgrade from CC to Aquaclass?

Aqua Class is a higher category. With Aqua Class you receive all CC benefits plus a host of others (i.e. dining in Blu, free use of some fee areas of spa, free bottled water in cabin, free scents in cabin etc.).

OP here -- another question:

If we do this, we can choose stateroom #1650 or one of the forward staterooms on that same deck #1508, 1510, etc.

Any advice as to one location over the other?

One tends to feel more motion in staterooms near the front versus the middle, so if seasickness is an issue for you the front might not be a good choice. There is risk of some noise for staterooms under the pool (from people moving around deck chairs), but hopefully they made adequate insulation to prevent this. I personally would opt for a stateroom closer to the middle than front (and if you can find one in the area that bumps out that would be my top choice as it is rumored the balconies may be a bit larger).

The price is great!

My only concerns would be the location of the cabins . I don't care to be under the pool decik. Been there done that and lived to regret it.

My other concern is Blu. I'm waiting to here just what kind of food is served.

If none of this matters to you, I'd go for the AQ Class.:)

OP here -- another question:

If we do this, we can choose stateroom #1650 or one of the forward staterooms on that same deck #1508, 1510, etc.

Any advice as to one location over the other?

Hi Ohhbother !

Given the cabins you listed, I would go with cabin #1650.

Aqua Class is a higher category. With Aqua Class you receive all CC benefits plus a host of others (i.e. dining in Blu, free use of some fee areas of spa, free bottled water in cabin, free scents in cabin etc.).

I disagree, why would Celebrity give extra sailing credits to Suite and CC cabins and not to Aqua Class if it was an upgrade...

I disagree, why would Celebrity give extra sailing credits to Suite and CC cabins and not to Aqua Class if it was an upgrade...

Aqua Class is definitely an upgrade from Concierge Class. Both come with two cruise credits, welcome champagne, flowers, fruit, upgraded bedding, etc. However, of the two, only Aqua Class also includes dining in Blu, use of the Persian Gardens and access to the Relaxation Room, not to mention other in-cabin amenities such as bottled waters and infused iced teas delivered to your cabin daily and the welcome spa kit, as well as ambient sound, lighting and aromatic infusions. Also, I believe that a continental breakfast will be made available in Blu to Aqua Class and suite guests only, not Concierge Class. With all of those differences, I'm pretty confident that AC is an upgrade from CC and I can't wait to check out our AC cabin on 11/30!!:D:eek::D:eek:

Aqua Class is definitely an upgrade from Concierge Class. Both come with two cruise credits, welcome champagne, flowers, fruit, upgraded bedding, etc. However, of the two, only Aqua Class also includes dining in Blu, use of the Persian Gardens and access to the Relaxation Room, not to mention other in-cabin amenities such as bottled waters and infused iced teas delivered to your cabin daily and the welcome spa kit, as well as ambient sound, lighting and aromatic infusions. Also, I believe that a continental breakfast will be made available in Blu to Aqua Class and suite guests only, not Concierge Class. With all of those differences, I'm pretty confident that AC is an upgrade from CC and I can't wait to check out our AC cabin on 11/30!!:D:eek::D:eek:

Where did you get the info that Aqua Class gets two cruise credits. It is not indicated on their web site which states clearly that CC and suites get two credits. No mention of Aqua Class.

Where did you get the info that Aqua Class gets two cruise credits. It is not indicated on their web site which states clearly that CC and suites get two credits. No mention of Aqua Class.

Our TA verified it before we even booked.

I don't believe the Celebrity website has been fully updated yet to take account of Solstice's new features. I mean, they haven't even had a chance to post actual photos of the ship yet, and still have the artists' renderings. However, it has been confirmed by many CCers who have posed the question to their TAs and Celebrity that AC cabins do, indeed, receive two cruise credits.

Aside from that issue, I believe the fact that AC cabins are listed above CC cabins on the Celebrity website, in addition to the host of extra amenities that are associated with those cabins over and above what CC cabins receive, clearly illustrate that AC cabins are considered by Celebrity to be an upgrade from CC.

May I ask what, other than the lack of clear information regarding the two cruise credits, leads you to believe that AC is not an upgrade from CC? I'm having a hard time understanding your reasong.:confused:

I don't believe the Celebrity website has been fully updated yet to take account of Solstice's new features. I mean, they haven't even had a chance to post actual photos of the ship yet, and still have the artists' renderings. However, it has been confirmed by many CCers who have posed the question to their TAs and Celebrity that AC cabins do, indeed, receive two cruise credits.

Aside from that issue, I believe the fact that AC cabins are listed above CC cabins on the Celebrity website, in addition to the host of extra amenities that are associated with those cabins over and above what CC cabins receive, clearly illustrate that AC cabins are considered by Celebrity to be an upgrade from CC.

May I ask what, other than the lack of clear information regarding the two cruise credits, leads you to believe that AC is not an upgrade from CC? I'm having a hard time understanding your reasong.:confused:

They were not introduced as being above CC cabins by Celebrity from the beginning. If you say they are offering an extra credit than I will take your word for it. CC cabin pricing was also higher at first although that might have changed.

Archived