Azamara Rocks!!!

crzfanatic

Wow, we are booked on the 18 night SE Asia Cruise on Dec. 16th. Tonight I was just checking on the Azamara web site to see what was still available. I noticed that they were offering a special for residents of DC (where we live) that was less than 1/2 of what we paid. I couldn't believe my eyes and quickly called them. Within minutes they had credited us for more than half of what we had paid with NO QUESTIONS OR HASSLES AT ALL! I almost feel guilty about it but what the heck. The guy I spoke to actually seemed pleased for us. I don't know what it says about their bookings or how they are doing, but all I can say is keep your eyes on the web site and if my experience is any indication, they will give you your credit without any hassles. We did book directly through Azamara so we didn't even have to call our TA.

Azamara certainly made my evening!

Andy

The cruiselines will sometimes offer disocunt for residents of certain states (don't ask me how they pick which ones; I haven't a clue). They also offer senior or military discounts. The offers come and go, so I have my fingers crossed that the military discount will still be there in the morning.

To find out if your cruise has had a special rate, do a pretend booking. You can check off boxes for being senior (over 55) or military, then there's a dropdown menu to pick your state of residence. On the next page you can go through the cabin categories to see if any one has a discount associated with it. If so, call Azamara (or your TA if you booked with one) and see if the new price can be applied.

Good luck!:)

Are you saying that just because you live in Washington, DC you get a big discount? How can that be?

Yes, and believe me, I have never seen a discount for DC before! I checked on a few other states to see if it was across the board and the only other state I could find that had it was Virginia. Go figure.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

On my Jan. 3 2009 Quest sailing, they had both resident and military discounts for a period of about a week. There was a resident sale for NY (where I live) but not in the category of cabin that I was booked in. The sale was so tremendous that my friend and I decided to each take our own cabin in the veranda sale category and even with the single supplement we got back over $2000!:D:D

It seems these sales often pop up when the balance on a cruise is due and people cancel. But from the experience of others on my cruise I also learned jumping and making the change is only easy if you book "cruise only".

By the way, for anyone who can plan quickly, although there are no special rates anymore, they left the rate for a Veranda Guarantee at a very low price, just $2499 pp. for a 14 day Asia cruise. Back in September, when stocks were worth something, a Veranda Guarantee was $4399 and even an inside cabin was priced higher!

On my Jan. 3 2009 Quest sailing, they had both resident and military discounts for a period of about a week. There was a resident sale for NY (where I live) but not in the category of cabin that I was booked in. The sale was so tremendous that my friend and I decided to each take our own cabin in the veranda sale category and even with the single supplement we got back over $2000!

Looks like we will be ships passing in the night (or Hong Kong harbor) as we will be getting off the ship just as you embark...

Andy & Chuck

Archived