Vatican Museum - now reserver and buy tickets online

I was just updating my spreadsheet for info on the different sites we'll be going to in May and found on the Vatican's web site that you can now reserve tickets in advance (60 days) and pay for them ahead of time. 4 Euro reservation fee on top of the 14 Euro entrance. The website is here. I have not tried the process yet since we don't get to Rome until the middle of May, so if one of you does this, please report back on how well it works.

Wow, thanks for posting. I tried to use it right now but it kept telling me that my session expired. I'll try it again and will let you know how I fare on my upcoming trip.

I wish they'd give a little more info.....such as where you are supposed to present the voucher when you get there. I'm sure I'll figure it out, though.

I love how they tell you to memorize your reservation code, once you receive it. Kinda like being in a spy movie. (Memorize it, then shred the paper into tiny pieces and swallow them....) :D

Is this simply a self-guided tour where you set a time but can then spend as much time there as possible? I'm curious because I just completed the reservations for the 2 hour guided tour of the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel, where it was 29.50 Euro each. Any opinions on which is better? :confused:We'll be in Rome in exactly 2 weeks!

Is this simply a self-guided tour where you set a time but can then spend as much time there as possible? I'm curious because I just completed the reservations for the 2 hour guided tour of the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel, where it was 29.50 Euro each. Any opinions on which is better? :confused:We'll be in Rome in exactly 2 weeks!

The 14 euro ticket is for admission only. If it's your first visit, I would recommend doing the guided tour.

Archived