OBC Supervisor to the Supervisor

dec2007w3boys

Spoke with my pvp last night and she submitted a request for obc to her supervisor at 7 pm after determining we could save some money with the military friends and family sale. She stated she would call back last night or today. When I didn't hear from here by 12:30 this afternoon, I called her back. She looked it up and said it was still being processed and that her supervisor had sent it up to a higher supervisor for processing. Anyone else ever go through this? All the stories I am reading here state 20 minutes to an hour or so turn around. I am really antsy as it is a nice obc - I am hoping that they actually give it to us. She thought since it wasn't denied it looked hopefull - but I am starting to wonder if it is a way to leave us hanging. Ugggghhhhhhh the wait. Hopefully the election results tonight come in a bit quicker then this decision. :eek: (ok, so they are not on the same level) Has anyone else had an extended delay? And then did you get the obc?

Spoke with my pvp last night and she submitted a request for obc to her supervisor at 7 pm after determining we could save some money with the military friends and family sale. She stated she would call back last night or today. When I didn't hear from here by 12:30 this afternoon, I called her back. She looked it up and said it was still being processed and that her supervisor had sent it up to a higher supervisor for processing. Anyone else ever go through this? All the stories I am reading here state 20 minutes to an hour or so turn around. I am really antsy as it is a nice obc - I am hoping that they actually give it to us. She thought since it wasn't denied it looked hopefull - but I am starting to wonder if it is a way to leave us hanging. Ugggghhhhhhh the wait. Hopefully the election results tonight come in a bit quicker then this decision. :eek: (ok, so they are not on the same level) Has anyone else had an extended delay? And then did you get the obc?

Our OBC came rerally quick... almost instantaneous, but I am not eligible for the Military LOW RATES :( and I think that is part of the problem since those rates are already greatly reduced and they have to be approved by a supervisor and scrutinzied so closely.

I had the same thing happen. I called my PVP on a Friday afternoon (about 4:30). She said that she would put in a request, and to please be patient. Well, my sister who is on the same cruise (and booked through a TA) called her TA at approximately 4:45 that day and had OBC by 5:00. I agonized through the weekend...and Monday...finally on Tuesday I called again. I asked my PVP if it would be better if I spoke with the supervisor. She said that no, she would try and contact them. Fifteen minutes later I had an OBC of almost $500 for two cabins. Sometimes good things come to those who wait :-). Hope yours turns out as well.

Same thing happened to us, and we receive the military rate so maybe that's why. The woman @ Carnival I spoke to said to wait about 24 hours for it to show up -- she also said she had to submit it to a supervisor. When I called two days later the OBC was on there, no problem. You might just have to wait a day or so, but I think you'll be fine.

I had a similar thing happen (I was actually feeling guilty about being pushy...I was told it would be 2-3 business days, I e-mail for confirmation on the 4th and when my PVP failed to respond I called the mainline after the close of the next business day), and it only took about 20 minutes to have my upgrade and OBC on my account. Just maybe call to follow up and if it doesn't show within the next few days then just ask to have someone look into it.

I had to wait for 2 days before mine showed up. Give it a couple of days then call back.;)

I had a similar thing happen (I was actually feeling guilty about being pushy...I was told it would be 2-3 business days, I e-mail for confirmation on the 4th and when my PVP failed to respond I called the mainline after the close of the next business day), and it only took about 20 minutes to have my upgrade and OBC on my account. Just maybe call to follow up and if it doesn't show within the next few days then just ask to have someone look into it.

I want to call again, but also not seem pushy and ungrateful. You are exactly right! Certainly don't want to hurt my chances. I will see if I hear anything in the next day. I would have felt better if she said I was definately getting it and it was just taking time to process. But I guess I am still waiting for a yes or no. Had I waited to book the cruise until November 1 - the economy probably would be going strong and the rates would be astronomical.

Had the same thing happen. After 3 days, I got impatient, called the general #, and it was done instantly!! I also called the general # again today, and got another $40 obc - it was processed immediately. Guess it depends on who you get on the phone.

I hope you get it, but there has been ppl on this board in the penalty phase that didnt get it, and some that did. Go figure.

GL

Yep, I haven't figured out the system. I guess I am waiting more for the yes or no answer rather then the process time to put it through. I just keep thinking that they will sit on it for a few days and then when I call back tell me that sorry, the rate has went up. :confused:

Just called my pvp again today - she still is waiting for her supervisor to process it. She said if it didn't come through pretty soon, she would call over there. (overwhere??) Anyway, I asked if she could please check on it for me. Said she would - but as of almost 4 hours later, nada - haven't heard a word.... The hard part is reading the post of others who just call and have it a bit later.....:mad:

If she fails to call you back by the close of her business call the main Carnival Line. I know it might feel like you are just being impatient, but you aren't. You have given them plenty of time to process it. if the request is pending any rep will be able to see it. In my case...the request wasn't even out there so yes i had to go through the whole spiel again, but if yours is out there you should not.

After reading this thread, I decided to go in and check if our cruise had dropped again and indeed it had. I called the 800 number and the CVP I got transferred me immediately to a supervisor. After waiting on hold for a bit, the gal I talked to gave me immediate credit BUT she said that two credits are all you're allowed and that no more could be applied. I just checked on Carnival.com and the new credit is already showing. This happened no more than 10 minutes ago, so I guess it proves that it can happen very fast if you can hook up with the right person. Just wanted to pass this along.

I asked to speak to the supervisor. I had a long wait time, after 5:30 pm but I hung on & the sup gave me an OBC immediately. Ask to speak with the sup & even the sup's sup. Document all you've done & if not resolved, ask for more. It works. I try to be nice until I am really put off. Then I am direct but not rude. I always remind them that I am on several cruise web sites & EONS (a social web, like Myspace) & they know a good word travels fast & a bad word even faster.

I was in the penalty period & got a $600 OBC.

I asked to speak to the supervisor. I had a long wait time, after 5:30 pm but I hung on & the sup gave me an OBC immediately. Ask to speak with the sup & even the sup's sup. Document all you've done & if not resolved, ask for more. It works. I try to be nice until I am really put off. Then I am direct but not rude. I always remind them that I am on several cruise web sites & EONS (a social web, like Myspace) & they know a good word travels fast & a bad word even faster.

I was in the penalty period & got a $600 OBC.

Ok, I am on hold for a supervisor. Fingers crossed!!

Finally spoke with a supervisor and was clearly told that because I did not book at the military rate at our original booking (even though my dad did and his cabin is tied to ours) he can't do anything for the military friends and family now that I am in penalty. I told him that is strange because others her are doing so. Here is where I need help - he said that if I provided him booking numbers - he would see what could be done if a situation was similar to mine. Now, I know what you are thinking, I don't think I would want to give my booking number out to a stranger, but if anyone is in the same situation and is willing to do so.... please email me at trindler at woh(dot)rr(do)com

AGain, if you were able to be tied to another cabin in your group and obtain the military friends and family rate while in penalty and our also feeling brave - I appreciate it!

One other thing - he clearly doesn't like cruise critic. :eek:

Archived