Question for the Girls about Celebrity Summit Cabin

Terre

We just booked the Summit, Concierge Class cabin 8129. Can anyone tell me if this cabin has a makeup mirror. How good is the hair dryer?

I am not a girl, but I like them. If you are on the Summit Nov 29 Transatlantic, that cabin is going to be very crowded. :D That's where we will be. We have been in several CC's, but a couple of years ago. There is a mirror facing the desk, but not a make-up. I think there is a make-up mirror in the bathroom (head for real sailors) but my DW doesn't think it is very good. She always takes her own and plugs it into the 115 volt outlet at the desk.

I don't have all that much hair, so I don't know about the hair dryer. :rolleyes:

Bob :cool:

I've been on Summit a couple of times - no make-up mirrors and its hard for me to see in the desk mirror well enough to put on make-up, so I always bring my own. Bathroom mirror is OK but my hubby is usully in there, plus I like to sit and relax while I "do my face".

Hairdryer is the typical "hotel" dryer. OK if you have short hair but I've got long hair (mid-back) and it's worthless. I've had better results hanging my head over the rail in the wind :-) I think technically you're not supposed to bring your own dryer, but I do (and hot rollers too).

Also, bring your own power strips to plug all this stuff in. There's never enough outlets and they always seem to be 12 inches shy of where you need them.

It's a great ship, have fun!!

Thanks Ladies (and gentlemen!). Just what I needed to know. I usually always bring my own mirror and hair dryer, too, but I know the HAL cabins all have a couple of lighted make-up mirrors in every cabin, so I was hoping X did, too.

We've always had a hairdryer in the bathroom and another in a drawer somewhere int he cabin. And I agree with the previous writer; the one in the drawer is much better.

Thanks, I will keep this in mind...may leave mine at home this time. Does the one in the drawer work pretty good on thick hair?

Yes, I have short hair but very thick and it worked great. The same as the one I used at home. If I were you I wouldn't bring mine, the one in the drawer is good.

You will find binocular in one of the drawer too. It took me a couple of days to find it

Yes there are 2 hair dryers: the portable one at the desk is very good - the one in the bathroom is just so-so. I do use the desk mirror as a makeup mirror as there are lights on both side of that mirror. You do get several sheets of personalized stationery, but it is no big deal - must tell you that if you want to take the stationery home put it in your suitcase before the second to last day, as they will take it away along with the binoculars and house robes. You will get special invites to several events but I think the best part of a CC cabin is their breakfast menu and I love to have breakfast on our balcony - they make a wonderful smoothie, and a great yogurt parfait with fresh berries, or you can order eggs benedict... their 5p.m. appetizers aren't very good but we love having the bowl of fresh fruit every day. Also the CC robes are much plusher than the regular cabin robes. Hope this is a bit of help.

Archived