Guarantee-what did you end up with?

azgkrudi

With the new Regent website indicating when a category is full or waitlisted, it may give an indication of where you could end up. However, in terms of the Navigator and Voyager, I would not run the risk of being in an aft cabin. I'd take a "G" category midship over a "C" aft any time -- just to avoid the possibility of severe vibration.

Our very first cruise on Regent (Radisson back then) was a 6 day trip on the Mariner. We booked an H GTY and wound up in an F on Deck 8. Found out about 4 weeks ahead of time. Currently have an H GTY booked on Navigator for 17 July to 7 August on Navigator. Main reason for the GTY is that we are a party of three and this is a three segment cruise. Don't know where we'll end up but I'd rather have an H than an F (no G triples on Navigator). We'll see.

Greg

• 1 month later...

We were on a segment of the WC 09 and paid for a guaranteed H cabin (cheapest); when our final papers came, we ended up with an "E" cabin which was a 4 level upgrade. Best part was that we ended up mid-ship; that was most important to us especially on the Voyager. Too much vibration in the back and the seas have been very rough across the Tasman Sea as we expected and the front of the ship is really bouncing up and down. Mid ship was perfect.

I have reserved a GTY several times. In some cases, I was bumped "up" a deck or two, but never to a different type of suite other than standard. I have heard only once where someone went up to a better cabin, on the Mariner from a standard to a Penthouse, which was quite a treat for them.

Regent would never deny you the cruise for which you booked. If it were oversold, they would work behind the scenes with phone calls asking for volunteers, and would sweeten the pot for those contacted with credits and/or other incentives. So worry not! Cruises are rarely 100% full these days anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an H GTY for a B2B2B 17 July-7 Aug 2009, Athens to Istanbul to Venice to Monte Carlo. When we got our flights confirmed yesterday (we're using Regent Air with a deviation (arriviing a day early in Athens))we had been assigned 805. Just a data point.

Greg

We had an H GTY for a B2B2B 17 July-7 Aug 2009, Athens to Istanbul to Venice to Monte Carlo. When we got our flights confirmed yesterday (we're using Regent Air with a deviation (arriviing a day early in Athens))we had been assigned 805. Just a data point.

Greg

Wow. That is an early allocation. Usually you only know a couple of weeks before sailing.

Archived