concierge lounge - overflow lounge question

On my upcoming sailing I expect I will be assigned (given a key card) to the overflow lounge rather than be allowed to use the CL. We are D+ but are sailing in a balcony cabin. (non suite)

There is no problem for evening cocktails in the overflow lounge, but we do like to use the CL at times for continental breakfast and mid day coffee or other times when the concierge may not be on duty. I believe the overflow lounge is only available in the evenings and does not have continental breakfast or mid day coffee as it is used for other purposes at those times.

As I will not be given a CL key card, how do I access the lounge in the early morning or when the concierge is not on duty?

Thanks

M

You should get a concierge lounge key. Our experience has been that we could use the concierge lounge during the day and either the concierge lounge or the overflow lounge in the evenings. So far we like the overflow lounge better because there usuually is a "view".

On my upcoming sailing I expect I will be assigned (given a key card) to the overflow lounge rather than be allowed to use the CL. We are D+ but are sailing in a balcony cabin. (non suite)

There is no problem for evening cocktails in the overflow lounge, but we do like to use the CL at times for continental breakfast and mid day coffee or other times when the concierge may not be on duty. I believe the overflow lounge is only available in the evenings and does not have continental breakfast or mid day coffee as it is used for other purposes at those times.

As I will not be given a CL key card, how do I access the lounge in the early morning or when the concierge is not on duty?

Thanks

M

M

I'm missing something here...........and you're an experienced RCCL cruiser. What ship are you talking about??

It certainly would make it much easier to help you..........if we know a little bit more.

Why don't you think that you would get a key to the concierge lounge??

I have never heard of an overflow lounge that requires a key.......but we are not cruises of large ships.........like the Freedom class. We have cruised on everything smaller............and nothing rings a bell here!!:D

Who cares if you have a balcony. You are D+ and entitiled to all of the goodies that the ship can give you.

Unless.........you are talking about the Oasis of the Seas.....where there will be an Aqua lounge, upper and lower..........sort of like the rising tide bar, then the D++ lounge......the suite lounge.......the sweet lounge.....and then the Diamond lounge. All of that is for you that are booked on decks 14 and higher!!

Just kidding.......:D:D.......but it could get that way in the future!!

Rick

i think the op is thinking they might make the c.l. for suite guests only during the evening overflow time so if the op doesnt get a key for the c.l. how will the op get breakfast snacks and coffee there- ? is what i get out of the post..........?

if it were me, i would ask my roomsteward or guest relations desk or loyalty ambassador for a key to have access to the c.l. for day time use.............?

1. All ships... below the Freedom class...that have a Cl are for suites, diamond and diamond+. Any of those people will receive a key to the lounge. The overflow room is only used at night for the cocktail hours.

2. On the Freedom class ships the Cl is only for those in suites. There is a diamond room on the 14th floor and it has everything the Cl room has....breakfast, coffeeand tea all day. It is a much nicer room and has an outdoor area with tables so you can have your drinks out there.

Last year on the Mariner we were NOT in a suite and had the option of the overflow lounge or the CL each evening.

We are sailing the Jewel in January . The issue is not getting in to the overflow lounge but getting into the CL during the day. We are NOT in a suite. I was under the impression from what I am reading that only suite passengers may now use the CL and others use the overflow lounge.

Many of my cruises we have been on was on ships with no CL or we sailed prior to CL’s begin added ( like the Grandeur, Legend, Splendor, Sovereign) .

Thanks for your input,

M

When we were on the Radiance last winter - in similar circumstances to you - we did have a key to the Concierge lounge for use in the mornings and DH did use it every morning. Had we wished to go for cocktails, we would have been asked to use the overflow lounge in the evenings. Our "D" tablemates did just that every evening and really enjoyed themselves.

Last year on the Mariner we were NOT in a suite and had the option of the overflow lounge or the CL each evening.

We are sailing the Jewel in January . The issue is not getting in to the overflow lounge but getting into the CL during the day. We are NOT in a suite. I was under the impression from what I am reading that only suite passengers may now use the CL and others use the overflow lounge.

Many of my cruises we have been on was on ships with no CL or we sailed prior to CL’s begin added ( like the Grandeur, Legend, Splendor, Sovereign) .

Thanks for your input,

M

Cruisegirl-

We just got off of the Jewel. We were staying in JS #1100. I am a Diamond Member. There was a key to the Concierge Lounge waiting for us in our room when we boarded. The CL is available all day for coffee, etc. Met the concierge, Nadiri, and she made us an extra CL key so that we would each have one. The lounge itself is very small. There were no drinks/appetizers there in the evenings. Instead, the whole show (including Nadiri) was moved up to the Hollywood Odyssey bar. There was someone at the door every evening with a list of eligible passengers. Plenty of room for everyone.

-Steven

I can’t comment on Freedom class ships since our first sailing on them won’t be until April of 09 but as for the rest of the fleet, if you are Diamond or above and they have a CL you will get a key no matter what type of room you have booked. The overflow lounge is available in the evenings for all CL key cardholders, I actually prefer the overflow lounge especially on the Radiance class ships, they usually use one of the small bars on deck 13 or 14. On the Explorer they used one of the small rooms along side Dizzies Lounge, and as always it was set up with everything the Concierge lounge had.

1. All ships... below the Freedom class...that have a Cl are for suites, diamond and diamond+. Any of those people will receive a key to the lounge. The overflow room is only used at night for the cocktail hours.

2. On the Freedom class ships the Cl is only for those in suites. There is a diamond room on the 14th floor and it has everything the Cl room has....breakfast, coffeeand tea all day. It is a much nicer room and has an outdoor area with tables so you can have your drinks out there.

Unfortunately this is not always the case on Radiance class where all ships have a CL and on Splendour, Legend and Enchantment, which are Vision Class.

If there are a large number of D/D+ pax on board for any sailing..........or if it is a Member's Cruise..............then the CL will be only for suite guests and no CL key will be issued to D/D+ pax. On some cruises that we have been on..........only D+ were given a key.

When this happens, they will have Continental breakfast set up in an alternate venue between 7:30-10:00AM..............but there be no Specialty Coffee Machine available (on those ships mentioned).............which is the major attraction of the CL.

Good info Martha! We were hoping to be able to use the concierge lounge on the Liberty but ..... NO. Love the D. lounge but would have been nice to have coffee in the concierge since our cabin was across from it.

Mimi

Unfortunately this is not always the case on Radiance class where all ships have a CL and on Splendour, Legend and Enchantment, which are Vision Class.

If there are a large number of D/D+ pax on board for any sailing..........or if it is a Member's Cruise..............then the CL will be only for suite guests and no CL key will be issued to D/D+ pax. On some cruises that we have been on..........only D+ were given a key.

When this happens, they will have Continental breakfast set up in an alternate venue between 7:30-10:00AM..............but there be no Specialty Coffee Machine available (on those ships mentioned).............which is the major attraction of the CL.

Maybe it´s the decision of the Concierge. On my last cruise on the Jewel in Sept. (TA) there have been soo many D/D+ members onboard that they not only had the Hollywood Odyssey but in addition the Vortex opened as CL in the evenings. However we all were given keys to the CL as well.

There was no Cocktail hour in the CL though as they completely moved it up to Viking crown.

Maybe it´s the decision of the Concierge. On my last cruise on the Jewel in Sept. (TA) there have been soo many D/D+ members onboard that they not only had the Hollywood Odyssey but in addition the Vortex opened as CL in the evenings. However we all were given keys to the CL as well.

There was no Cocktail hour in the CL though as they completely moved it up to Viking crown.

That's how it was on our Radiance cruise to Hawaii in September. We were given keys to the CL for daytime use...............but had to go to the HO in the evenings.

It's not only the Concierge that makes those decisions.............but we have been told on numerous occasions that most of his/her orders come from the home office in regards to each sailing.

Archived