Comments regaring the specialty asian restaurants?

fatcattravel

I do!!!!! My 10yo DD and I ate at Teppanyaki about half way through our 13 day cruise. It was wonderful and better than most land restaurants I have had eaten this style food. The portions were huge, they made substitutions when asked and the food was so good you stuffed yourself. We loved it so much we skipped the last CC dinner to eat there the last night.

I ate at the Asian restaurant aboard the Pearl. The food is a little different than what you would find in Chinese restaurants around the States. In general it is much spicier (not my preference).

But the appetizer items, like BBQ spareribs, are great!

was great on Jewel & Dawn. Sweet & sour soap is just like I make it, and I do not find it spicy. True Asian, so Cantonese, some Mandarin, so Set

Sechwan (sp).

Then the Japanese hibatchi (Teppanyaki) is entertainment as well as good food. Sushi is also available at a bar to enjoy with Sake.

We did Teppenyaki on the Spirit. It was good. Very similiar to the one we have at home.

When we were on the Pearl last month we ate in the Asain dining room and it was very good. I really enjoyed the MooShu I got. A lot better then the Mooshu I get at home. :)

I do!!!!! My 10yo DD and I ate at Teppanyaki about half way through our 13 day cruise. It was wonderful and better than most land restaurants I have had eaten this style food. The portions were huge, they made substitutions when asked and the food was so good you stuffed yourself. We loved it so much we skipped the last CC dinner to eat there the last night.

Can't wait to try all of the asian fare! Yummmy!

DH and I never miss Teppanyaki on our NCL cruises. On occasion, we have dined at Teppanyaki twice on a week cruise. We never tried the "main" Asian restaurant until our last cruise on Jewel in October. WOW, we are so glad we dined there. We ordered five of the seven appetizers and shared them and we could have made a meal on appetizers alone. The BBQ spare ribs are the best Chinese spare ribs I have ever had. I highly recommend both Teppanyaki and the main Asian restaurant.

coffeebean

Wondering if anyone had comments on their experiences especially on the Spirit regarding the Asian specialty restaurants?

We've done all of the Asian specialty choices. The Pan-Asian (Jasmine Garden aboard the Jade) was very good overall, especially the appetizers and desserts. The main courses were good but not great. Shabu-Shabu (a special table setup within Jasmine Garden) was enjoyable but different... kind of like an "Asian fondue." We've had Teppanyaki aboard both the Jade and the Pearl. Overall, we've found it better than some of the land-based chains (e.g., Benihana), though without the open flame-based tricks (for obvious reasons). I will say that I thought the food was better aboard Jade at Teppanyaki, but we preferred the Pearl dining experience because we were with some old friends (as the biggest downside for us is eating with a table of stangers). The sushi / sake bar is very good too.

We did Teppanyaki & Bamboo on the Dawn a couple weeks ago. Liked them both.

I've always enjoyed those types of food but the word "Fusion" in the description of Bamboo had made me a bit skeptical. I was surprised and will be eating in that dining room (or its equivalent on other NCL ships) on future cruises. (btw-they gave us a 2 for 1 certificate for Bamboo when we bought into the cruise rewards program)

I think the wife & I enjoy being able to have foods either unavailable or much more expensive here locally (small town USA)

Of course we do the majority of our meals in the main rooms and are normally happy with them as well :D

We tried the Teppenyaki on the Jewel and thought it was good. Although, we have a Benihana right by our house and go there often, so we still prefer the Benihana. We'll probably skip the Teppenyaki on our upcoming Pearl cruise, just since we do it so much at home anyway. Sounds like we need to try some of the other Asian cuisine on board!

I ate at the Asian restaurant aboard the Pearl. The food is a little different than what you would find in Chinese restaurants around the States. In general it is much spicier (not my preference).

But the appetizer items, like BBQ spareribs, are great!

Just to second your comments, completely.

We have a LOT of local Chinese restaurants (we live within walking distance of our Chinatown) and the main courses just didn't do it for us. Now the appetizers were a different thing, though.

And a second Amen to the spareribs. I could make a meal of those and the crab wontons.

Just to second your comments, completely.

We have a LOT of local Chinese restaurants (we live within walking distance of our Chinatown) and the main courses just didn't do it for us. Now the appetizers were a different thing, though.

And a second Amen to the spareribs. I could make a meal of those and the crab wontons.

good to know, living in NWA you can imagine how many Asian restaurants we have: shall we say JOKE? Of course I was raised in So Cal and lived in San Francisco for many years. but it has been a long time. I think we will be very satisfied.. If the food is even 1/2 as good as PF Changs we will rave about it. lOL

Nita

I actually preferred the "wok" items in the buffet to the entree items in the Asian restaurant, although I realize that the wok food comes with no assurance as to authenticity. :-)

Next time I'm aboard an NCL ship I plan to request an order of those spareribs with two servings of fried rice as my entree!

I loved the sushi, we keep returning over and over, I craved the stuff and couldn't get enough. I am looking forward to it again next October on the Jewel. The Teppeanyaki presentation has changed over the past few years from when we first tried it on the Spirit. but it is still yummy and entertaining. However, we'll probably not do Teppanyaki next time, since we've done it several times, and we'll do sushi more, and try shabu shabu (we forgot to try this one when we were on the Pearl), the Bistro, Italian and the asian fusion stuff. I really do like it all, just not crazy about any buffet. But the rest of the stuff is pretty good.

Archived