First Princess Cruise - Crown questions

Rob&Nancy

We just found out we're on the Riviera deck, mid ship - anyone comment on that location? Are the balconies covered? Is this one that the people on the decks above can look down into?

Also, one of our favourite things to do after dinner on the last cruise (Celebrity) was to jump into our bathing suits and laze in the indoor pool, which was open until 11. What time are the pools open on the Crown?

Would my DH be okay with a shirt and tie for formal dinners, or is a jacket mandatory? Arethere a lot of men in tuxedos? As we are waitlisted around 275th for traditional seating, I would suspect we'll be doing anytime dining - is that as formal?

Anyone care to offer comments with regards to the formal wear rentals? He's a big guy - over 6' and flirting with 300 lbs. - can they rent for more industrial size guys? (yes, he knows I call him that!) :)

Thanks so much for your help!

Riviera balconies are covered, and cannot be seen from above. Not entirely private as balconies below and around you have limited sightlines, but not from above.

Generally at least some hot tubs or pools are open all night, but this can vary depending on what other activities are going on. All pools on the Crown are outdoor.

DH would be better off with a jacket. Most cruisers wear the suit or tuxedo (about half and half). Some will be in sport coats and ties, though. Anytime and Traditional both follow the exact same dress rules; one is not more or less formal than the other. You can order the correct size tux for onboard rental in advance. Yes, they have all sizes, including industrial (well, at least up to 60 XLong).

http://www.Cruiselineformal.com

We just found out we're on the Riviera deck, mid ship - anyone comment on that location? Are the balconies covered? Is this one that the people on the decks above can look down into?

Also, one of our favourite things to do after dinner on the last cruise (Celebrity) was to jump into our bathing suits and laze in the indoor pool, which was open until 11. What time are the pools open on the Crown?

Would my DH be okay with a shirt and tie for formal dinners, or is a jacket mandatory? Arethere a lot of men in tuxedos? As we are waitlisted around 275th for traditional seating, I would suspect we'll be doing anytime dining - is that as formal?

Anyone care to offer comments with regards to the formal wear rentals? He's a big guy - over 6' and flirting with 300 lbs. - can they rent for more industrial size guys? (yes, he knows I call him that!) :)

yeah the balacony is covered.

not sure about the pools because there are several.

a shirt and tie are fine.

i couldn't count on the rental by borther is over 6 feet and the shirt they have him for his tux sleeves were too short.

We just found out we're on the Riviera deck, mid ship - anyone comment on that location? Are the balconies covered? Is this one that the people on the decks above can look down into? -- the balcony is covered and no, people can't look down on it. However, you're directly beneath the Lido deck so you may experience noise from people walking or running above you or the attendants moving the loungers.

Also, one of our favourite things to do after dinner on the last cruise (Celebrity) was to jump into our bathing suits and laze in the indoor pool, which was open until 11. What time are the pools open on the Crown? -- not sure but the Crown doesn't have any covered or indoor pool. On older Grand-class ships, there is a covered pool area but to make way for MUTS, they removed the cover.

Would my DH be okay with a shirt and tie for formal dinners, or is a jacket mandatory? Arethere a lot of men in tuxedos? As we are waitlisted around 275th for traditional seating, I would suspect we'll be doing anytime dining - is that as formal? -- same exact dress in Anytime as Traditional dining. With just a shirt and tie, he'll be quite a bit underdressed although he probably won't be turned away at the door. Almost all of the men wear at least a shirt, tie and jacket; some wear tuxes.

Have a great time on your cruise.

quote]

Since you are on the Riveria Deck, you can walk to the aft end and out the door to the Aft Pool which happens to be the Adult Pool. Up a couple of decks from the Aft Pool is a hot tub, too.

Enjoy!

I'm excited...if your Riviera balcony is covered, our Baja should be as well!:D

I believe the one pool is typically open in the evening. Plenty warm, so doesn't need to be covered.

Shirt & tie is fine. DH decided on last year's cruise that dragging the jacket along wasn't worth it. Dress pants & shirt with tie is just fine, even for formal night. He will NOT be turned away.

When are you sailing on the Crown? and have you joined in that roll call? We're doing anytime dining and will be making reservations onboard for those of us that want to eat together on formal night (or any other night).

Don't give up on the traditional dining just yet. We were waitlisted at 130something and it came through about 2 weeks ago (we leave Monday). Just check your profile as the date gets closer. We were happy to see it say CONFIRMED early traditional. I was getting ready to visit the maitre de but won't need to!

Fewer men wearing tuxes or suits these days. . .

ENJOY!!

We were on the Riviera deck cabin 523 and it was great..centrally located, closer to the aft pool. We did hear a little noise from above but not to make us unhappy at all!

We had anytime dining and enjoyed it, we dined alone a couple of times but then we ate with people from this board.

I didn't see many tuxes on fomal night but a think a suit and jacket is nice.

Have a great cruise!

Michelle

Archived