"Prime" areas on Collins in SB?

Babie

I'm wondering what the prime areas are on Collins in South Beach. I've booked a hotel on Collins. Looking on the bookit.com map section there aren't any other hotels listed on that block (maybe they're sold out though) but I'll be staying in the 1200 block of Collins.

Is there a specific block or 2 that are considered prime areas in SB?

Is the Lincoln road mall (correct name?) nearby? What about beach access and night clubs? I've also read somewhere that there's a street market (or open air market) somewhere near Collins but cannot remember where it's located.

Thanx for any information.

Your hotel is about 6 blocks south of Lincoln Road. I haven't been down there for a few years, but I think that you picked a good location, as I remember the action being mostly south of Lincoln Road. You are one block west of the beach road, Ocean Drive. There are 5 hotels on your block, and 3 on the next block, according to mapquest. One block west of you is Washington Ave, which has lots of nightclubs near your hotel. I don't go clubbing, so I cannot recommend any.

Thanx a ton for the answers you two!

I booked the hotel because of the price. And just assumed it was in a less popular area of Collins.

I chose the La Flora because it recently had a massive renovation. I got in on a grand reopening sale and only paid $79 per night.

I'm really looking forward to the 2 night stay in South Beach almost as much as the B2B2B cruises that follow the 2 night stay!

Thanx again!

We stayed at the Essex House at 10th and Collins and it was a wonderful location - one block away from Ocean Dr. and in the heart of all the fun! I would try to make sure your room does not face Collins if you are a light sleeper, there is a lot of traffic on that street and there might be some noise issues. It's better than Ocean Drive, but not much. Have fun! We loved SoBe and might stay a night after our cruise with you! :)

I've never heard of La Flora, so please come back and tell us all about it.

Babie, When were the renovations done? I'm just suggesting you fully research this hotel before you fully commit.

The renovations were completed within the last 2 or 3 months. I can't find any reviews since the renovations were complete though.

The photos I've found look pretty nice, but I know that online pics can sometimes make a place look better than it really is. Already since I booked my room the price has gone up about $40.

I'd been researching hotels for about a month. Originally I had decided on The Wave but ended up choosing La Flora because of the renovations and grand reopening rates.

Babie, I just checked tripadvisor and there is only one review and its from last week and not too good. But go with an open mind and know you are paying for a great LOCATION! In SoBe a room is where you sleep and shower - and that's assuming you take time out to sleep. ;)

I'm wondering what the prime areas are on Collins in South Beach. I've booked a hotel on Collins. Looking on the bookit.com map section there aren't any other hotels listed on that block (maybe they're sold out though) but I'll be staying in the 1200 block of Collins.

Is there a specific block or 2 that are considered prime areas in SB?

Is the Lincoln road mall (correct name?) nearby? What about beach access and night clubs? I've also read somewhere that there's a street market (or open air market) somewhere near Collins but cannot remember where it's located.

Thanx for any information.

I'm not a fan of those particular couple of blocks of Collins because it is just a little too busy. I'd rather be in the oceanfront area of Collins Avenue.

On Collins Avenue from about 15th Street where the Ritz-Carlton is located to 20th where The Shore Club is located is the prime area of South Beach. In that area you have some really lux hotels including The Ritz-Carlton, The Raleigh, The National, The Delano, The Shore Club, the uber lux hotel The Setai, and the soon to be opening W.

Espanola Way and Lincoln Road Mall are both pedestrial only shopping and dining areas that your hotel is really close to.

I spend a lot of time in South Beach and don't know Le Flora but know the area and think I know the hotel.

I completely forgot to mention to those who aren't familiar with the hotel. It's still called La Flora, but it's also recently become the Comfort Inn & Suites South Beach.

I had contacted Comfort Inn & Suites and apparently hotels can use the name but don't have to be part of the company. It wasn't listed in their system.

As long as it's a clean place to sleep I really don't care what the place is like.

I'll certainly write a review about this place when I return home after my B2B2B cruises.

I completely forgot to mention to those who aren't familiar with the hotel. It's still called La Flora, but it's also recently become the Comfort Inn & Suites South Beach.

The name of the building is the La Flora but the hotel is the Comfort Inn. Same with other hotels, the Ritz-Carlton is The DiLido and The Hotel is The Tiffany.

Basically the names of the buildings and the hotels are different.

Mango what do you want to know. Hotel is a Morris Lapidus gem which is finishing up a huge renovation and expansion into a Renaissance property. Look for the big thread dedicated to the Eden Roc within the past 10 days. Grand re-opening is this month.

Would you happen to know anything about the Eden Roc? Would appreciate your input if you do. thanks!

Big old school Miami Beach property that is architectually significant and undergoing millions in renovations.

I personally am not a fan of Mid Beach but I'd stay at the Eden Roc in a heartbeat.

Archived