Store near Port Everglades

Murphey

Hi...we have a turnaround day on Monday and need directions to a store. Yes, I will be walking, but that isn't a problem because I walk 3-4 miles a day. We have to be off the ship for several hours anyway and we need some supplies (we need a Publix type) other than we can get at Walgreen's (which I know is close). Any help out there??? Thanks much....

Hi...we have a turnaround day on Monday and need directions to a store. Yes, I will be walking, but that isn't a problem because I walk 3-4 miles a day. We have to be off the ship for several hours anyway and we need some supplies (we need a Publix type) other than we can get at Walgreen's (which I know is close). Any help out there??? Thanks much....

Directly behind the Embassy Suites on 17th street will give you a huge Publix, Wine and More store ,as well as others. Not a short walk, but if you are used to it then it shouldn't be a problem. If you google Total Wine and More in Fort Lauderdale you can get the address and print yourself a map from the port if you need it. But it's very easy to find.

Enjoy!

In the same shopping center as the Publix is a wonderful little Italian Restaurant. Of course, I can't remember the name! lol It is a small place on the ground level with other sops above it onthe second floor. It is a mama's home cooking type place. After you order, they bring a large plate of home made rolls, drenched in olive oil, parm. cheese and spices - they are to die for! Cost is reasonable and portions are large, 2 ladies can easily split a meal. If you get over that way, it would be worth your while to check it out!

Publix is just five minutes or so past Walgreens on the same side, set in a strip shopping center. Depending on where your ship is berthed, it is an easy walk back, even carrying boxes of...beverages, which it has a very good selection of for a grocery store. When you leave there, it's easy to think that there has to be quicker, easier way back to the ship through the parking lots and away from the traffic, but if there is, we've never found it.

If there's any doubt, just follow a crew member. All of them (and I speak from experience as one of them) do shopping in Lauderdale. Most of the stores are easily within your stated range, which will take you even to the Apple Store! When in doubt, ask your cabin steward!

Archived