coffee please

Scorpiorose

Yes, you can get a specialty coffee in the dining room. The regular coffee was good also. We had access to the Neptune Lounge so did not test the purchased coffees on this ship. On Ryndam, they were very good-as good as Peets or Starbucks.

Gary

You can have your cappucino for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room.

The specialty coffee at Exploraitons Cafe are a very moderate price and are wonderful. Really, really good.

If you happen to be in a Suite, the coffee machine in Neptune Lounge is outstanding. We love it.

Yes -- you can get a capaccino at dinner.

DH likes the coffee at the Exploration's Cafe.

The Oosterdam does not have an Explorations Cafe. She gets it next Summer in dry dock. But, on Deck 3 they do have a Windstar Cafe/Java Corner, which is just a coffee bar (no books, magazine or DVDs to be had). On all of the other Vistas, this space is the Pinnacle/Wine Bar.

A dissenting voice here from another "Starbucks Princess". On the Ryndam May/08, I found the coffee tolerable but not good. Lido, Dining Room and Explorations --none had what I consider good coffee. Even a double-shot Americano in the Explorations had too little flavor IMHO. The first thing I did in each port was find a coffee shop and get a dark roast coffee. I'm taking a French press and my own beans for our next cruise. (And yes, I am the one who is also taking along a selection of cheese for bedtime snacks :D )

Do you know that in Italy, you cannot get a cappucino, after 10 or 11 in the morning, without getting laughed at? The proper after dinner beverage is the espresso, or just regular coffee with a little "sumthin" in it.

However, I am not saying that YOU ordering a cappucino is wrong, I'm just providing a little insight into Italian food service... :o

This year September on the Rotterdam from Copenhagen to Athen I was drinking cappuccino after dinner like the last years. After 3 or 4 days I couldn't drink it anymore, I changed to coffee but it was also not drinkable. I complained by this uniformed guy (just don't remember his range), he took my cup for a test. Don't know what he did with it, I didn't get a response. The steward told me something about taking the cappuccino from the first instead of the 2nd seating, but I gave up, no more cappuccino or coffee.

However, I don't go to America because of the famous coffee or beer. But if something works for 3 or 4 days and works not after this time there is something wrong. Maybe the kitchen took too much coffee for too less water (that was my taste) or they used another sort of coffee.

Cappuccino in the Neptune Lounge was still very good.

I try it again February 22nd 20 days on the Noordam.

Archived