Anybody back yet?

Gaynors

I thought that, too!

I really want to treat my Mom and myself to a massage, and don't want to take advantage of anyone, but $70 seems like what you'd pay in the states! I thought it'd be less... :(

and I had my heart set on $20 to $30. If it is that much, I will just have one on the ship even though they are a little higher than $70.00

Nita

Swampfox, I had to laugh when you wrote that you thought the Virgin Islands pushy!

Wait until you experience vendors in Mexico and some other poorer areas of the Caribbean. My DH says no politely and then we make no eye contact and keep walking. I used to be too nice and apologetic and then they would continue to follow thinking they could change your mind. I've adopted my DHs body language now :)

While I understand their need to make a living too, vendors who are too "in your face" will definitely cause cruisers to stay on the ship or close by which simply means loss of money for them. For example, we will not walk off the ship in Jamaica anymore unless taking a cab to a nice resort nearby. Too much "touchy feely" grabbing at tourists for us.

I have never found the vendors in St Thomas particularly pushy, just rude...

My definition of ``pushy'' are taxi drivers in St. Lucia and Accapulco. They will follow you until they think you'll give up and hire their services.

When we first started cruising I thought vendors and store owners in Cozumel were pushy.

Have learned a lot since we started cruising.

Dianne

My definition of ``pushy'' are taxi drivers in St. Lucia and Accapulco. They will follow you until they think you'll give up and hire their services.

When we first started cruising I thought vendors and store owners in Cozumel were pushy.

Have learned a lot since we started cruising.

Dianne

Yeah, my wife thought the vendors in Cozumel were pushy in 06. I just chuckled. She probably won't let me get far beyond the swim-up bar in port.

Archived