What happens at Meet and Mingle?

calenita

We really enjoyed seeing everyone for the rest of the week .

That was the best part for me. Our roll call started 550 days before the cruise and by t-minus 365, we had 5 regulars. By T minus 100 there were about 10 regulars participating so we really felt like we were well aquainted. Our first cruise was our 25th anniversary and we stayed pretty much too ourselves. But for this cruise it was nice to have friends to run into occasionally and sometimes sit with at shows. One lady we talked to quite a bit because she was a "waverunner widow" ;)

In my opinion the best meet and mingle or as they used to be known rubber band parties are on long sailings with a lot of sea days. Short cruises with a minimal amount of at sea time tend to have very small meetings. On our transatlantic last November (I didn't count) I estimate that we had at least 75 to 90 people in attendance. At our sailaway party in the Crown and Anchor lounge, we probably had the corp group of 30. We had at least a half dozen other gatherings during the sailing of groups as small as a dozen and as large as 60 plus. I am sure that there were additional gatherings that I wasn't privvy to, as well, since I was invited to some secret gatherings in individuals cabins that were limited due to obvious restrictions of size of the cabins. I really don't think that the M&M format means much on a short sailing.

jc

Archived