Saints and Sinners B2B on the Destiny Collaborative Review

GoinCruisin

I think that we were awake longer than Laurie remembers 'cause I think we went to bed around 12:30. With the time change, that was about 22 hours.

The rooms at the Catalina were, um' different. Laurie described them as bordello like. :o :p They were OK though, we were only there a short time.

You were definitely up later than Laurie is remembering. I remember spending hours having to listen to her remind me that one of my sons is the same age as she is She earned about 300 Elder Abuse points that night and moved way up the list.:rolleyes:

I know that you guys were still there when we ordered food from the restaurant next door and that was around midnight.

The light fixtures in the room were very bordello-ish. :)

Duckie took us up on it and headed to the port with us. But if you ever ride to the port with him, please hold his passport for him - I think he misplaced it 3 or 4 times by the time we finally got to check-in! ;):p

Hey, I'm pretty sure it was only twice. :o

... and once more on the way home. :o:o

I was with the Klingon at the koi pool' date=' and he was extremely patient with me as he explained that they were NOT goldfish on drugs or steroids and that they ate special fish food instead of the ones I suggested.... marbles, sushi, chewing gum, malted milk balls, Reese's cups and boogers.[/quote']

BTW, when I was watching the video of your dance lesson last night, the klingon slid next to me and watched with me. I asked him where that was, and he said "the big ship!" Then you came right in view of the video and he pointed again and said, "And there's Grandpa Allen!" True story. :)

"And there's Grandpa Allen!" True story. :)

Oh how cute!!! So is it Thursday now? My sis and I headed out of Minneapolis at 6 a.m. to Miami (via Detroit). All that fretting and we had no trouble making our connection. Whipped through embarkation and headed to find our "new friends" on the Lido deck. I instantly spotted Smoof and Linda, since he had sent a pic of them to me in advance. Then I correctly picked out Jeffie (with his hat). Grabbed a strawberry margarita, joined the Suck and Blow Club, and starting meeting new peeps. I spotted a "gentleman in the grope" that I guessed was Allen, and Glo confirmed that it was.

I headed over to give him a "special" Halloween card that I had purchased for him, along with three yellow roses, being the delicate flower that he is. The card had some Halloween vampires on the front in their coffins, and the girl vampire was asking the boy vampire: Is that rigor mortis... or are you just that happy to see me?" ;) Allen confirmed he was just that happy to see Jeffie. :p

where is zone? he hasn't surfaced since debarkation.

did he get on another ship, lmao?

No Zone was there, he started asking if any of us woman wanted to get painted in Key West on the next day. He said he brought his paint brush:eek:.

Well people started showing up in what became our hang out area on the Lido deck. Some people I knew from seeing pictures. Some I did not know, thankfully we were given lanyards from Chris. She is the best. Rob brought out the parrot and we were laughing our heads off. Lunch was being served and we started having something to eat.

BTW, when I was watching the video of your dance lesson last night, the klingon slid next to me and watched with me. I asked him where that was, and he said "the big ship!" Then you came right in view of the video and he pointed again and said, "And there's Grandpa Allen!" True story. :)

I love that little guy!!!! And I can't wait until we set up a playdate in Houston or Galveston with my Eli (4) and Aidan (3 next week).

I spotted a "gentleman in the grope" that I guessed was Allen, and Glo confirmed that it was.

I headed over to give him a "special" Halloween card that I had purchased for him, along with three yellow roses, being the delicate flower that he is. The card had some Halloween vampires on the front in their coffins, and the girl vampire was asking the boy vampire: Is that rigor mortis... or are you just that happy to see me?" ;) Allen confirmed he was just that happy to see Jeffie. :p

The card and the yellow roses were great! Thank you! But I was "happy" to see you, not Jeffie. If you let Jeffie know you're happy to see him, you'll get violated. SFS :eek:

I suppose I can chime in here. I left ATL around noon on Wednesday and had an uneventful flight. When I boarded the shuttled to the hotel I met a group of ladies who were also going on the Destiny. I actually ended up hanging with them for a little while in Coz.

Thursday morning the 'free' shuttle left the hotel around 11:00. Upon arrival at the port I tipped the porters and made my way to the wonderful VIP lounge. Check in was a breeze. I saw several S&S t-shirts so I made my way over to my fellow cruisers. Before I could introduce myself I was asked "are you Glo"? I wonder what gave me away:rolleyes:. Maybe it was the hair :p . The first person I met was Maria (thanks again for the conditioner and I'm thouroughly enjoying the book you gave me). There were several other introductions then it was time to board.

We made our way to the lido deck and after a while I had the pleasure of "watching" the infamous suck & blows take place. Allen tried to get someone to share this new experience with me but I told him I had to save my first time for GG. That was an easy out since he wasn't on the first leg :D .

More later...

We got boarded with no problems and after putting my stuff in the room (if you pull on enough of the closed doors to the corridors, eventually one will open. :D) I went up to have some lunch on the lido deck. More and more people joined us and eventually the Suck and Blows began. I probably did about 7 or 8 of them and I remember at one time trying to get Andrew (Smoof Daddy) to do one with his mom. He had a problem with that :), so I did one with her. I vaguely remember asking her, after she did a magnificent job, if she used to do that for a living. I'm not sure if she was amused, but I think she laughed. She is a wonderful and beautiful woman. It was an honor and a privilege to be on the other end of a suck and blow with her. :cool:

There was also a lot of confusion about dining table assignments. Apparently Carnival didn't honor our pre-cruise requests, so a lot of people were scrambling to talk to the maitre d' to get their seats changed. They even had some of us on different floors of the dining room. But, eventually, everyone seemed to get it worked out to their satisfaction.

OK...On to boarding. After watching the Plats and VIP's thumb noses at us I was in group 2 to board. Up the gangway and I'm on the way to the Lido. Where is the beer. LOL.......:D Hand shakes, hugs and kisses were exchanged (along with a S&B from both Sandy and Mary) and then waiting for the rest to arrive. As usual people were looking at us saying "What's up with thier shirts ?" I find it funny.;)

I see that someone has mentioned my straw hat as a way to know who I am. I will make it a tradition. I like them anyways. Keeps the sun off my skin and they breathe.

Now down to the cabin to drop off carry on. A pleasant surprise. Sandy and Mary bought me a gift. A Bud Light carry six pac coolie with 3 BL's in it, a mug and a Bon Voyage cap.:eek: That was really nice. Back up to the Lido for my traditional Reuben and of to suck and blows.

Let the games begin.......:D:eek::p

By the way....No S&B exited my nose this year but one did manage to come back out of my mouth a bit......LOL.....

Archived