Tips on bring booze onboard

jammin

Put it in your checked luggage and it will be delivered to your cabin. It is no big deal. I buy coconut flavored rum in a plastic bottle, wrap it in a plastic bag and stick it in my luggage. Never had a problem.

CELEBRATION 11/00

RHAPSODY 11/01

RHAPSODY 04/02

SPLENDOUR 11/02

RHAPSODY 04/03

RHAPSODY 09/03

ELATION 05/04

I agree, I always just pack a fifth of gin and maybe some scotch -- carefully padded -- in my luggage. Never had a problem. Of course I drink it in my suite or on my verandah. I BUY drinks in the bars and dining room.

You can get several kinds of gin in plastic bottles.

Gene in Birmingham

Hi, This topic is brought up alot on these boards and am sure a certain CC Member will jump in and post THE SO CALLED RULES AND POLICY FOR RCCL..... Just ignore them and do it anyway as most will..... With that said, Do not EVER use the word SMUGGLE as it seems to imply you are doing something wrong. I for one bring a collapsible small rolling cooler that looks like a cube that will fit through the xray with ltr bottles of soda and my liquor of choice and roll it right on board.... NO PROBLEM.. And I do still spend $$$ at the bars,dining room and night clubs... Just have a great cruise and be HAPPY icon_biggrin.gif

icon_beer.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL OUR NEXT ADVENTURE

Adventure of The Seas 11/14/04

Enchantment of the Seas 11/1/03

Sovereign of the Seas 11/28/02

SS Oceanic (Big Red Boat) 10/98

Can you buy alcohol on the ship at the gift shop and bring it back to your cabin by paying a fee? I really do not want the hassle with packing any in my suitcase but I do like to have a drink or two before dinner on my balcony.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

cruisingator2, Yes you can buy alcohol on board and bring it back to your cabin for an upcharge of I think $9.00 and do agree it is a hassle to pack and bring with, Even with the fee it is still cheaper than buying it on sale at your local liquor store and do the same. The only reason to bring some onboard would be to have something for your cabin until you sail as you can't buy onboard until you are in open waters and in my case on the next cruise that won't be until 10:00 PM in San Juan when we sail away and would want something in the meantime....

icon_beer.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL OUR NEXT ADVENTURE

Thanks for the info Jagman. I can make do until the shops open up.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It must be a state tax thing, but unless you do one of the multiple bottle deals, the prices are several dollars higher on the ship (after the 'take out' fee). Still, I agree with Jag's point: much easier to buy on the ship for a few extra bucks.

The other downside if is you're looking for something specific. Selection is fairly limited, with maybe 1/5th (no pun intended!) the selection of a normal liquor store.

Mike

I didn't notice any higher prices for single bottles. We enjoy rum. The bottle was $9 and the fee was $9.50. OK so we would have spent the same at home with tax, to smuggle the same bottle on board. RCCL is the only line that allows the in cabin consumption of ship bought bottles. Good deal compared to other lines.

Re-reading your post Mike, We're probably saying the same thing.

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress ***** 9/18/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagmanss1:

This topic is brought up alot on these boards and am sure a certain CC Member will jump in and post THE SO CALLED RULES AND POLICY FOR RCCL..... Just ignore them and do it anyway as most will..... With that said, Do not EVER use the word SMUGGLE as it seems to imply you are doing something wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Guess what Jag...the rules aren't "so called", they are actually very clear! And I will continue to use the word smuggle because you ARE doing something wrong, or at the very least something that is clearly against the rules. I love your rationalization that you go to all this trouble just to hold you over until the ship sets sail and the duty free shop opens. I'm sure you are the first guy in line buying legal booze and then you return immediately to your cabin and pour your own stuff out....right?? icon_cool.gif

I do have a suggestion, if you need a drink after you board prior to the ship sailing.......go to the bar and buy one.....they have several! icon_biggrin.gif

Hi jagmanss1,

“a certain CC Member will jump in and post THE SO CALLED RULES AND POLICY FOR RCCL....Just ignore them and do it anyway as most will..... “

_AND

"The only reason to bring some onboard would be to have something for your cabin until you sail as you can't buy onboard until you are in open waters and in my case on the next cruise that won't be until 10:00 PM in San Juan when we sail away and would want something in the meantime...."

That above is not true. You can buy drinks as soon as you step foot on the ship. The bars are open by the pool for sailaway long before the ship sails.

If your quote above was meant for me, I always post the rules if the poster asks “what is the RCCL policy on bring alcohol on board? It answers their question.

I was not going to bother on this one, because the poster has already asked this same type of question 3 times on here in the past few weeks already. They already know the answer to their own question.

But, as long as you brought it up, what the heck, here it is anyway.

Please read carefully and you will see that I do not give my opinion. Only the facts from RCCL.

Can I bring my own liquor onboard?

We apologize for any inconvenience but due to our regulatory and licensing requirements guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty-free from the Shops On Board or at ports of call will be stored by us and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your voyage. A member of our staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your purchases. Should you choose to consume alcoholic beverages purchased from the Shops On Board, a $9.50 consumption fee will apply at the time of purchase. Note that no open liquor bottles will be permitted to be brought into dining areas or public areas.

For guests who have a unique request for wine, and Royal Caribbean is unable to accommodate their selection, we will, with prior approval from Royal Caribbean, allow a maximum of two bottles of wine to be brought by the guest or group. A corkage fee in the amount of $12.00 per bottle will be charged. This policy may not apply to every ship or itinerary depending on local laws, customs, or license requirements but Royal Caribbean will try and accommodate requests. Royal Caribbean is not responsible for fines imposed or items confiscated by local authorities. Please request prior approval from Royal Caribbean and we will work to honor your request whenever possible.

12/06/04

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

Hello, In response to can you buy liquor onboard and bring it to your room, yes you can, they charge you 12.50 to take it. mind you i bought Baileys in the duty free shop and they just let me take it with me no questions asked. Otherwise we bought our own liquor in Miami and packed it in our suitcases in bubble wrap, no problem, just be careful with canned beer it can leak and it did onto a few of my outfits, so make sure you wrap it well. We just returned from our trip yesterday explorer of the seas it was wonderful in every aspect!!!

bubble wrap and zip locks...

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

Just to clarify, As I see the "P" contest has started..... We sometimes bring liquor that is not sold onboard, IE; On our last cruise they did not sell Jack daniel's that my DW drinks or for myself I like Captain Morgan silver spiced Rum which they DO NOT SELL ONBOARD AS I DO NOT MIX, So I Agree with what mikesteg is saying on a limited selection, But I will however, when I run out, Drink another brand and buy onboard... With that said...

pltag, The SO CALLED RULE Is just THAT and was just put into affect not too long ago to comply with the other cruise lines and is a blanket statement rule just to cover their butt, Think about it...... It Just makes better business sense to let it slide as they do, On the most part SOME of The people who bring it onboard will have a few in there cabin then go out and spend more $$$$ at the bars, More than someone who didn't bring it on and think HEY I don't want to spend the $$$ when they didn't have one at all in their cabin... Of course this will not work with the occasional 1-2 drinker as I would guess YOU ARE, Or you Have the $$$$$$$ to buy several and in which case I would like to cruise with you and you could buy ALL our drinks Until we depart icon_biggrin.gif PLEASE don't judge me.... you don't know me.... I don't go through any trouble to bring it on board, I just roll it on, And NO I am NOT the 1st person in line to buy, But will be if there is a special on the first night icon_wink.gif NO I will not pour my OWN STUFF down the drain... Why would I do That?????

Alexis, yes My quote was meant for you and am glad you did not disappoint But,The OP did not ask for the rules and knew you would post them anyway as you always do post the rules... Post away the rules.... Who Cares... What and who are you??? The RCCL POLICE?????? Sorry to be so offensive but this topic and SO CALLED RULES ARE JUST THAT... SO CALLED AND THOSE ARE THE FACTS.... RCCL DOES NOT ENFORCE IT, Because it makes better buiseness sense not to.....

icon_beer.gif

UNTIL OUR NEXT ADVENTURE

Alexis, forgot one point..... I do respect your opinions on these boards as you do have vast knowledge about cruising and have a wealth of experiance and knowledge for all but, Not on this one as i see it.... We can agree to disagree on this subject.... Yeah, I know rules are rules... BUT... Who followes them... And you know the old saying... RULES WERE MEANT TO BE BROKEN icon_smile.gif Besides these rules are set to be broken IMHO......

icon_beer.gif

UNTIL OUR NEXT ADVENTURE

I always buy on board the first night and take back to my cabin. And.....I have NEVER paid a fee. icon_biggrin.gif

Bring beer on board from ports also. Send it through x-ray, and take it to the cabin.......... icon_biggrin.gif

just lucky I guess.. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not giving any advise, just saying what I have done. We like beer that the ship does not offer.....

guess all you can do is try, if you want.. ...

Lets Go!

Royal's Viking Seranade 1/94

Carnival, Holiday 12/95

Carnival, Jubilee 12/96

Royal's, Song of America 11/98

Celebrity Galaxy 9/99

Royal's, Viking Seranade 6/00

Celebrity, Millennium 12/00

Royal's Vision 2/02

Royal's Vision 12/02

Royal's Monarch 6/03

Celebrity Galaxy 9/17/04 !!

I used to bring liquor on board, but rarely drank it and with the reduced weights for flying it is an easy thing to not pack. I do generally bring wine on board though. We fly in the day before the cruise or more and then we go to the local wine store or vineyards and we take a waterproof float bag and some bubble wrap. We take it to the ship and it is scanned as checked luggage. Haven't had any problem in the past. Room steward keeps a bottle of champagne on ice every afternoon, then in the evening we drink it on our travelling friends balcony before dinner. We usually buy wine in the dining room with dinner as well. We generally don't drink in the daytime unless we are on shore at a restaurant. Then we will have a beer or a local fru fru drink. Float bag keeps the bottles contained if they break, haven't had it occur using this system yet.

jc

Aurora~~Baileys is 2 for $27 or is it $29?? Either way,good deal!!

Hey JC~~float bag?? Is that like a thermal cooler??(like an oversized lunch bag)?????

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;30;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000 RCCL Serenade--5/30--Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 RCCL Jewel--10/28--repositioning

**RCCL SOS-8/27/04** Carnival Miracle-2/13/05**

When we were in Curacao 2 weeks ago on the AOS, I saw a guy duct tape a bottle of liquor to his thigh so he could hide the bottle under his baggy shorts to smuggle it on board. Now I know why people bring duct tape with them!! I wish I was there when he pulled the tape off his leg. I'll bet you could hear his screaming all over the ship!

OK..Question Time. Grandeur leaves Baltimore at 5:00 P.M.. Approx. 8 hours (total guess) to get out of the Chesapeake Bay, will all the bars be open when we leave the pier? Do they wait until they're in international waters (1:00AM) to open the liquor store? I see a bottle of Crown Royal in the luggage..

EOS 12/02

Zuiderdam 4/03

AOS 12/03

Till the Grandeur (05/21)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Man, I sure am having fun reading this thread! Thanks for the laughs! icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;4;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until Vision of the Seas 04/25/04

Admiral Cruiselines 1989

Nordic Empress 07/97

Grandeur 03/04/02

Majesty 08/16/02

Monarch 02/27/03

Sovereign 11/28/03

Aurora~~not sure how many ounces but they were not small bottles.......It was a very good deal..

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;30;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000 RCCL Serenade--5/30--Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 RCCL Jewel--10/28--repositioning

**RCCL SOS-8/27/04** Carnival Miracle-2/13/05**

Archived