Disappointed with Tickets

rickpo

Just received our tickets for the 20 Nov.

Whats happened to the leather wallet that used to come with the tickets?

Although it was nothing like the presentation package that you receive with a P&O, it was still a little different than just receiving ordinary holiday tickets.

I hope that it doesn't mean that Fred has cut back on everything because it's all the little extras that make the difference.

Anyway thats my little moan out of the way and I'll make sure that the little thing don't ruin my Holiday.

PS anyone else sailing on the Boudicca that day?

Rick.

Although it was nothing like the presentation package that you receive with a P&O, it was still a little different than just receiving ordinary holiday tickets.

I hope that it doesn't mean that Fred has cut back on everything because it's all the little extras that make the difference.

Anyway thats my little moan out of the way and I'll make sure that the little thing don't ruin my Holiday.

Rick.

Never had that except with Cunard, electronic ticketing is fine with me, do it like easyjet, just quote a number at the dock to get on. Lot of cruise lines are like that.

What do you do with leather ticket wallets afterwards?How many do you need?

FO cut back on things like food etc years ago when Fred himself relinquished day to day control, sadly you have missed the golden days of FO already.

Thats why we only sail FO if there is a bargain price and an interesting itinerary.

We just can't help looking back and comparing, then we don't feel so happy, we're trying to get out of it but its hard to do so.

Its not just FO of course.

Rick.

We received a wallet with our tickets for our cruise 28th Sept. Must be cutbacks, We can at least use ours again on our next cruise 23rd june north cape.

Hope you enjoy your cruise let us know how it went when you return

Rick.

Personally I've always thought the wallet was a waste of money. It's relatively handy for keeping the papers in, but in reality a bit small.

Griller, glad you got to sail with FO in what you consider their 'golden days', personally I've always been very happy with them.

Personally I've always thought the wallet was a waste of money. It's relatively handy for keeping the papers in, but in reality a bit small.

Griller, glad you got to sail with FO in what you consider their 'golden days', personally I've always been very happy with them.

Ummm, since when is "always" for you and FO?

I received a wallet for my first FO cruise in August.

Though it looks as though it will last a while so quite happy to use it with the tickets I get for the two FO cruises I have booked for 2009.

I thought it might be something which came with a first time booking, obviously not from what has been posted here.

Thanks for the replies,

I know that the wallets are not the best in the world, in fact I use one that I was given as a present a few years ago and so I do not need one. All I am saying is that when the tickets arrive, you open the envelope and you find them in a leather wallet as apposed a card folder you feel (or I do) that you have booked something just a little above the ordinary.

By the way, I will get over it.

Rick.

It will be my first time with Fred O in January. As long as I get tickets I don't really mind how they come. I will not be envious of those who had them either, just more junk to recycle. If they were that good surely you would have kept them for reuse?

The baggage tags are from the 1960's. Card and elastic loops. AND you have to fill all the details in yourself. I am used to P&O and Cunard. I can writs so that is OK. Just seems a little cheap;)

Just come back from QV 12 day

You will love it but , i found the taster 4 day queen mary completly different, not a good advert for cunard

The real thing is the better option

Steve

• 2 months later...

Archived