67 Days to go and still TBA

mo gal

Hello: We are going on our first cruise in January. I just checked and we are still TBA (we booked a guarantee Balcony) is this going to be good or bad? Do you think we may get upgraded? The price has gone up on the cruise so I don't know. I am sorry if these questions have been answered before. Thanks, in advance for all of your help.

Folks just posted they got Jan 4th assignements, so you should be soon. Im Jan 24th, and a 5 day cruise, so final payment is 60 days out. Im pretty sure they wouldnt assign before Im past final payment. I know some were, but the majority of folks have assignments by 45 days out.

Folks just posted they got Jan 4th assignements, so you should be soon. Im Jan 24th, and a 5 day cruise, so final payment is 60 days out. Im pretty sure they wouldnt assign before Im past final payment. I know some were, but the majority of folks have assignments by 45 days out.[/q

We're January 17th on the Glory so maybe we will be getting soon. I guess I am just excited to see if we get upgraded. The price has gone up 2x's (I think) since we booked and paid in full in June. Does this matter about the upgrade if we paid in full way back in June? Thanks,

Folks just posted they got Jan 4th assignements, so you should be soon. Im Jan 24th, and a 5 day cruise, so final payment is 60 days out. Im pretty sure they wouldnt assign before Im past final payment. I know some were, but the majority of folks have assignments by 45 days out.[/q

We're January 17th on the Glory so maybe we will be getting soon. I guess I am just excited to see if we get upgraded. The price has gone up 2x's (I think) since we booked and paid in full in June. Does this matter about the upgrade if we paid in full way back in June? Thanks,

7 day cruises, final payment is 75 days out, so you could get assigned any time. I agree, half the fun is the guessing and anticipation, will you be the one upgraded??!!

When you pay has no bearing on the assignment that I know of, but when you booked, how much you paid, how many cruises you have been on all enter into the mix, .... and then its luck. There is a theory first time cruisers often get upgraded to hook them in. Never happened to me on first time with a cruiseline .... but has to others.

I cant wait either, check at least daily now and Im a week behind you.

Hello: We are going on our first cruise in January. I just checked and we are still TBA (we booked a guarantee Balcony) is this going to be good or bad? Do you think we may get upgraded? The price has gone up on the cruise so I don't know. I am sorry if these questions have been answered before. Thanks, in advance for all of your help.

You should be looking at 61 days out not 67, just wait a week or 2.

Fred

We got our cabin assignment at 63 days, so just keep looking. It's been up until the 40's before. :)

We did the BL gty as well, and ended up with an 8H (used to be an 8I).

Check and see what the current 'upgrades' offered are - I find that sometimes will show you what you could get. Sure enough, ours are featured at an upgrade of 8A to 8I. :)

Ah, the anticipation of waiting on your TBA to change to an actual room! It could happen at any time - DH and I did a B2B2B on the Imagination earlier this year and our second leg room was TBA up until the day it sailed! We even tried asking while we were on the 1st leg, and they didn't know! :eek: We hoped that was a sign that we'd been upgraded to the owners' suite. :D We found out when we checked in for the 2nd leg and had been upgraded from a 4A to a 5A and were very happy. The portholes were a nice change...Good luck!

I think it may depend on how well the ship is selling. I am on the Spirit Thanksgiving sailing and when things were slow and prices dropped, I got OBC plus upgraded from a 7A to a TBA 8A. Right after that, they started filling up and I just got my assignment last week, about 14 days out and ended up with an 8H. It's easier for them to sell the less expensive cabins and just move me up.

I'm on the Glory as well on the 17th. we booked inside guarentee and were assigned a room number when I was talking to my carnival Vacation planner months ago. We have since upgraded to a Ocean view family room on the spa deck for only $210. We were going to rcv' a $140 OBC cause the price has dropped but we chose to add the $210 and upgrade ($350 to upgrade). If you booked through carnival you should call them.

We paid in full as well!

I'm on the Glory as well on the 17th. we booked inside guarentee and were assigned a room number when I was talking to my carnival Vacation planner months ago. We have since upgraded to a Ocean view family room on the spa deck for only $210. We were going to rcv' a $140 OBC cause the price has dropped but we chose to add the $210 and upgrade ($350 to upgrade). If you booked through carnival you should call them.

We paid in full as well!

We booked through a TA . When did the price drop. I thought I had been checking and one time I did call our TA and she called them and they said the price had gone up. So Who Knows!

We got our cabin assignment at 63 days, so just keep looking. It's been up until the 40's before. :)

We did the BL gty as well, and ended up with an 8H (used to be an 8I).

Check and see what the current 'upgrades' offered are - I find that sometimes will show you what you could get. Sure enough, ours are featured at an upgrade of 8A to 8I. :)

Where do you check do see what the geatured upgrades are? Thanks,

You pretend to book and put in the different codes like dp2 for past guest or whatever you qualify for such as senior or if there is a sale on, someone usually posts that code.

Ditto - except I think the past guest code is DP3? :) Perhaps I'll try dp2 though as well!

Irregardless, the OP is a first time cruiser, so wouldn't be affected by the past guest upgrades. :)

Again, check sales, and if the ship isn't selling out fast enough, they'll offer upgrades to new bookings. This is how you can tell what they're currently thinking of as an 'upgrade'.

Ditto - except I think the past guest code is DP3? :) Perhaps I'll try dp2 though as well!

Irregardless, the OP is a first time cruiser, so wouldn't be affected by the past guest upgrades. :)

Again, check sales, and if the ship isn't selling out fast enough, they'll offer upgrades to new bookings. This is how you can tell what they're currently thinking of as an 'upgrade'.

dp3, typo, sorry

Archived