Cruise Value Center Out Of Business!

Richjoxyz

I always book directly with the Cruise Line. I then pay the bill down to about $50.00 balance. Then, before final payment date I may transfer the booking to a TA for OBC or other amenities. By doing it this way, my exposure is only about $50.00 in case the TA does not properly submit the payment ot the Cruise Line.

Hypo

I always book directly with the Cruise Line. I then pay the bill down to about $50.00 balance. Then, before final payment date I may transfer the booking to a TA for OBC or other amenities. By doing it this way, my exposure is only about $50.00 in case the TA does not properly submit the payment ot the Cruise Line.

Hypo

You can avoid any exposure by asking if the cruise line will charge your c.c. or will the agency. If the agency charges you, you could lose in an event like this. If the agency has the cruise line charge your c.c. for you - no need to worry.

I always have the billing done to my credit card since it will be the cruise line not the TA that will be doing the billing. Also this gives you another recourse if something should go wrong.

Yes. except if you are giving your credit card number to a TA you have no way of knowing if payment is going to the cruiseline or to the TA unless you know to ask.

Hi Everyone !

While this is disappointing news, it is yet another sign of the massive economic storm we are in.

I've always used a TA. They always do their billing directly with the Cruise line, and my Credit Card charges always say the name of the Cruise line, and not my TA's Agency. This gives me a very high comfort level. As the financial news gets worse with each day, I would surely ask this question of any TA before I would book with them.

While I am not suggesting that TA's are not reputable, this is another valuable lesson learned in these very difficult times.

Is there any evidence that anyone has lost money through CVC? I have used them in the past without difficulty. Moreover, *************, or rather their members, give CVC a 99% approval rate based on more than 2000 bookings. Let us hope they have folded honorably, passing through to the cruiselines all appropriate payments.

Bill

Sorry about the ********. The group I quoted is not exactly a TA, at least not as I understand the term, so I did not think their name was forbidden. Actually, I have seen the name quoted in the past, so perhaps it depends on the particular forum.

Bill

Archived