Princess Captains Circle - P&O UK

NSWP

G'day from down under, does anybody know if P&O UK cruises are still able to be credited towards Princess Captains Circle, i.e. towards Gold, Platinum, Elite status?

Reason I ask is that Carnival has just cut P&O Australia cruises/cruise days as credit towards Princess Captains Circle. Not only that, all previous P&O cruises will be deleted from cruise histories on Princess Captains Circle site. So people with previous P&O cruises accredited will lose them. For example if you had Elite status because of say P&O and Princess cruises, you lose the P&O ones, thus maybe going backwards from Elite to Platinum, losing your benefits.

Many unhappy campers, sorry cruisers down here.:(:confused: What is loyalty worth?

Great that you have done this Les. I have emailed the US. Don't know if they will do anything. Maybe if it affects the UK as well we can get lots of numbers emailing them. The email address for the US is media@carnival.com Please help us get this stopped. We are really sick of being treated like second class citizens by the US head office.:(:mad:icon13.gif

G'day from down under, does anybody know if P&O UK cruises are still able to be credited towards Princess Captains Circle, i.e. towards Gold, Platinum, Elite status?

Reason I ask is that Carnival has just cut P&O Australia cruises/cruise days as credit towards Princess Captains Circle. Not only that, all previous P&O cruises will be deleted from cruise histories on Princess Captains Circle site. So people with previous P&O cruises accredited will lose them. For example if you had Elite status because of say P&O and Princess cruises, you lose the P&O ones, thus maybe going backwards from Elite to Platinum, losing your benefits.

Many unhappy campers, sorry cruisers down here.:(:confused: What is loyalty worth?

Yes Les, it does affect P&O UK cruises as well. I spoke with Princess Cruises Australia who confirmed my P&O UK cruises would no longer count.

I've had no correspondence from Princess regarding this. Seems a strange thing to do as being whatever grade, it doesnt cost Princess that much. Between 1974 and 2003, P & O owned Princess so my way of thinking is these P & O cruises should still count on cruises within this period. This could well come within the Trades Description Act in the UK as Princess have always marketed their product with the P & O cruises to count. The juries out at the moment though until I hear about these changes. Really is a bit of a bummer for our Oz friends though.

Jimmy

If this is to affect UK customers as well, I may well consider canceling our April cruise with P & O.

I will take my business to a company that will recognise our loyalty...we are almost at Elite status with combined P &O and Princess and if we are about to be stripped of that I will be adding huge support to the OP and our Australian friends :eek:

In the current economic climate, cruiselines should be encouraging loyalty not dismissing its value! IMHO.

This sounds like a spectacular own goal to me and if it applies to P&O UK cruises as well then it will affect my recently acquired Platinum status in the Princess Captain's Circle. I haven't even had the chance to benefit yet so it will be particularly annoying if this affects my Princess Caribbean cruise next October. Hopefully someone high up will be persuaded to change their minds but if its being done as a cost cutting exercise then I doubt they will even though in the long run I am certain they will be the losers. I would have thought loyalty was even more important than ever in the current economic climate.

I have spoken with marketing and public relations spokespersons in the U.K., and have been told that Princess has not yet made a final decision about changing Captain’s Circle eligibility for P&O Australia and P&O Cruises passengers. We will of course keep you posted as we learn more, but right now Princess just can’t share anything definite.

We’re interested to see whether backlash like this from passengers will have an impact. Stay tuned!

Kelly Ranson

U.K. Editor

Cruise Critic

KELLY..thank you very much for the update on this important issue. We can only hope for the sake of all P&O Cruisers whether P&O UK or P&O Australia that Carnival/Princess works out a fair, sensible and sympathetic solution.

Certainly the next few weeks should prove interesting!;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have now had it confirmed by a Princess Cruises spokesperson that the line will not be making any changes to the Captain's Circle privileges for P&O U.K. and P&O Australia passengers.

It seems that Princess has listened to passengers and realised how much these benefits mean, which is great news!

Kelly

Kelly Ranson

U.K. Editor

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Princess status carries over to P & O UK cruises? I'm looking at the possibility of a P & O cruise and was wondering if my Princess past passenger level goes with me or not. Sounds like the cruise will count on Princess now, though.

Archived