No tiles? and Mariner perks

CrabbyHarper

Since there are so many past cruisers sticking with HAL the little Mariner gifts(perks) are not meaning much to them. A free laundry wash, 30 minutes on internet or tea in the cabin regardless of class would be a nice gift. It's really a thank you more than a perk.

As for an Atlantic crossing, we would probably do it on a Queen, for the experience but might not choose Cunard for a 7-10 cruise due to the cost.

I hate to say it, Rev ... because I'd miss out on the chance to sail with you ... but I have a feeling once you try Cunard, you might very well make it your cruise line of choice.

That doesn't seem likely to me, Rita. Cunard doesn't sail everywhere that I want to go (at least, not when I will be likely to want to sail there), hence a larger Line with more ships and more cruising options will still be in my bookings. HAL provides service all over the planet, now, and my future cruises are going to include many such voyages to far-flung destinations.

That doesn't seem likely to me, Rita. Cunard doesn't sail everywhere that I want to go (at least, not when I will be likely to want to sail there), hence a larger Line with more ships and more cruising options will still be in my bookings. HAL provides service all over the planet, now, and my future cruises are going to include many such voyages to far-flung destinations.

Ummmmm, here's a suggestion for you then ... how about a nice 33-day Hawaii/South Pacific voyage in March 2010? This one is "changed up" a bit from their past sailings in this region, to include a few extra places like the Cook Islands and Fanning Island. Then, if you really want to get exotic, they are including this voyage with a second one ... Incan Empires ... if you want to make it a whopping 63 days.

I'm doing the Hawaii/South Pacific part. Why don't you join me?

Blue skies ...

--rita

That doesn't seem likely to me, Rita. Cunard doesn't sail everywhere that I want to go (at least, not when I will be likely to want to sail there

The only thing that really appeals to me with Cunard is that they are offering some Europe cruises with TransAtlantics tacked onto each end. I think you have to change ships, but you sail from New York to Southampton, then get on a 12 or 14 day Europe cruise, and then wind up back in Southampton, where you board another TransAtlantic back to New York. I like that ... no flying involved. I can even take the train to/from New York and don't have to go anywhere near an airport.

Might be something I would consider when I am ready to do Europe again. But that won't be for several years as I've already got my cruising plans for 2009 and 2010 in place.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived