Inside to Promenade Switch - Did I make a mistake?

sharktums

Hi all!

I was super excited due to the savings I had received to go ahead and switch from an inside way forward on Deck Six, to a Promenade Cabin much closer to midship also on Deck Six on the Liberty of the Seas. Now however, when looking more carefully I see that it's next to a white space that takes up about 5 cabins. This is the same on the other side of the ship as well, and goes up to Deck 9.

Is this some sort of crew area? Kitchen for Sorrentos? Crew Elevators? Is it going to be super loud with people banging against one side of my wall?

I understand that it will be a bit louder as it's right over the promenade and that's fine, I just want to make sure there isn't something terrible right next to our cabin!

I upgraded because I wanted to be more midship and I thought my 21 month old would get a kick out of looking out the window and seeing people and interesting things below, but now I'm a bit worried. It's cabin #6263. I used the search in the Cabin Selection Tips Forum but couldn't find anything.

Any help, ideas, or suggestions? Thanks!

No, it's not going to be loud! They do need someplace to put the "workings" of the ship--vents, wires, pipes, etc.... Even if it's a storage area, they insulate pretty well. Noise really isn't an issue in any of the cabins. Even the sounds through your promenade window will be quite muted--it's doublepained thick glass!

Are you on the side where Boleros is? If so, just realize they are playing LOUD music which does travel up from deck 4 to 6 because it is open. We were on deck 9 on the side of Boleros and when we were in the cabin before 1 AM we knew the noise from Boleros would be there...so we stayed out later!

We stayed in room 9263 on Mariner last January. It is an elevator next to you. We only would hear noise when they were transporting the luggage and at about 10 am. It was not loud by any means. It was just barely noticable... Take the extra money!

It should be ok The area you are taking about is a sevice elevator and storage area for the room attendants. Never have had a noise issue. The wife and I love the Promenade cabins and that is all we book now. Enjoy and the room always seems bigger then a normal inside since you have that window seat.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I can manage if it's mostly storage for the cabin stewards and a crew elevator. Like you said it should only be really noisy on embark and debark day and we won't even be in the cabin then so no problem!

Thanks again.

Archived