has anyone done the full day catamaran sail to St. John in January?

sandybeach

been to St Thomas in January; never too cold there. Low 80's. I've done the 1/2 day sail and it wasn't long enough with the bus ride to Red Hook taking over 1 1/2 hours of the 4 hr time slot. It is stunning there and you can't help but love it. Have a blast.

Hi,

We did the full day catamaran sail to St. Johns last January from the Emerald Princess. Loved it and had a very memorable day, however, must warn you that the sailing between the islands was at times VERY rough and choppy-two men became violently sea sick. Were told that this is common as the Cariibbean and the Atlantic come together in that area so watter is choppy. If you are prone to seasickness, you might want to reconsider.

We did the catamaran to St. John in December and the weather was wonderful. The temperatures are pretty steady all year around.

Regarding motion sickness. It wasn't bad. There was a short time between the islands where there was more movement. I knew about this in advance and took a Bonine with breakfast that morning and didn't have a problem.

My Boyfriend smokes and 2 hours is a while for the sail over to st. john, can he smoke anywhere on the catamaran? Or iis it a non smoking boat?

We are leaving this Sunday on The Crown and can't wait. I wanted to book this excursion soon.

Thx,

Lisa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Boyfriend smokes and 2 hours is a while for the sail over to st. john, can he smoke anywhere on the catamaran? Or iis it a non smoking boat?

We are leaving this Sunday on The Crown and can't wait. I wanted to book this excursion soon.

Thx,

Lisa

Just got off the Emeral Princess 10 day. We sailed with Jim from Jester sail. www.sailjester.com. We are three women very prone to seasickness and also took bonine that morning with breakfast. Had an absolute wonderful time. He picked us up promptly at 10 after a short ($15) cab ride. I've also sailed with him in January and had no problem. He actually sails as opposed to motoring along. After an exhilirating sail, you stop to snorkel/swim and can go ashore to a beautiful white sand beach (honeymoon on St. John?) Then when you are ready you can either signal him to pick you up in the rubber raft or swim back to the boat and - tahdah- lunch awaits you. My two friends were thrilled with the experience especially after seeing the charter catamaran dock next to us with 36 people onboard, crammed into almost the same size boat and knowing they paid the same price. They didn't even get to go ashore. We then sailed some more and arrived back at the resort where the friendly staff called us a cab in plenty of time to make our 5:30 all aboard call. Email me if you have any questions, I can't say enough good things about this experience. Judy

momrox1@hotmail.com

Archived