Cayo Levantado on your own??

lvz2cruz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, it doesn't appear we are getting an answer to this. I find that the tender fee on Norwegian to get to the beach to be outrageous, especially for my 5 year old. Surely there must be a ferry or water taxi, right??? Hope someone can tell us.

Hey-- I went on Tripadvisor.com and searched for Cayo--

Found several reviews that were interesting reading.

We are going there as a port on MSC in March. I emailed one person through Tripadvisor and he responded and told me how nice the island is.

You might try that and ask about shuttle transfers. Alot of peps on the web were staying at resorts who took people over there for a day tour.

He said it was very pretty and they had a food joint and bar...

Sounds like a geat beach day to us, now I just hope our tenders are free......surely so since it is a stop!!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from my cruise. We tendered at Samana. If you wish to go to Cayo, pls book with ur cruise line. Shore excursions through Princess to Cayo was clashing with the ATV tour I booked, so decided to walk around the pier to look for water taxis.

Found a guy who agreed to take us there for $45 for 2 ppl for 1.5 hrs. When we reached there, the small pier was patrolled by the police & refused entry to us! Apprently if u r with the cruise line, u need go go there through the cruise line. There was another family in the boat with us who were staying at a local resort but were permitted entry.

I didn't understand the logic, but thatz how it works there.

Hope it helps anyone who is looking to go to cayo whose ship is docked at Samana.

Just back from my cruise. We tendered at Samana. If you wish to go to Cayo, pls book with ur cruise line. Shore excursions through Princess to Cayo was clashing with the ATV tour I booked, so decided to walk around the pier to look for water taxis.

Found a guy who agreed to take us there for $45 for 2 ppl for 1.5 hrs. When we reached there, the small pier was patrolled by the police & refused entry to us! Apprently if u r with the cruise line, u need go go there through the cruise line. There was another family in the boat with us who were staying at a local resort but were permitted entry.

I didn't understand the logic, but thatz how it works there.

Hope it helps anyone who is looking to go to cayo whose ship is docked at Samana.

Thanks for your info. Very helpful to know this ahead of time. Obviously the cruise lines have control and don't want passengers to be able to find their own way there.

Archived