for my s. ca cruise buddies

cruise kitty

I've spent the day watching the mountains of smoke and now at night I can see the walls of flame just a few mile away. Hope all our cruise buddies are staying safe tonight! we had to walk to our sushi place tonight because the boulevard down the hill is packed with the people evacuating the fires, we are west of the oc fires, it's pretty crazy, there are hundreds of cars moving west on the 3 major boulevards, and a lot of moving vans moving east! The water planes are regularly flying over our home on there way to do a refill. Let's all pray that the loss of life is kept to a minimum and too many homes aren't lost! everyone stay safe tonight and if you are told to leave , do it fast!

We're in San Clemente, in South Orange County, just north of Camp Pendleton. There are no fires near us this time and there is a faint smell of smoke in the air, so we have windows closed and the AC on.

As far as I've heard, many homes have been destroyed and damaged (including 500 mobile homes lost) but no one has perished so far.

We're on the ocean and have very little wind, but it's 75 degrees now at 6 pm, very warm for a November evening. Almost tropical....

Archived