can a viet. citizen with a vailid us greencard sail?

beyoung

My friend wants to go on a NCL cruise that leaves in two weeks, she has a valid passport from vietnam and a greencard to be in the US. Will NCL let her do an Eastern caribbean cruise? I called our travel agent and she said that the girl needs to check with her local embassy to make sure she does not need any permits but that she beleives as long as the passport and greencard are valid she should be ok. Of course the embassy is not open today so I thought someone may know? thanks

My friend wants to go on a NCL cruise that leaves in two weeks, she has a valid passport from vietnam and a greencard to be in the US. Will NCL let her do an Eastern caribbean cruise? I called our travel agent and she said that the girl needs to check with her local embassy to make sure she does not need any permits but that she beleives as long as the passport and greencard are valid she should be ok. Of course the embassy is not open today so I thought someone may know? thanks

As long has they have a curently valid passport, with more than six months left before expiration, together with an official and currently valid green card there should be no problem. This is assuming that all this information has been already furnished to the cruise line at the time of booking by the TA.

It depends on what countries she is traveling to. For example, for a citizen of Vietnam to visit Aruba, Mexico, and Bahamas, for example, all require a visa. The fact that she is a permanent resident of the US does not matter.

Visa Restrictions for Bahamas

Bahamian entry requirements dictate that certain nationals require a visa to visit The Bahamas. Nationals from the following countries require a Bahamian visa issued by the Embassy or Consulate, and cannot be obtained onboard or upon arrival: Cuba, Dominican Republic, and Haiti. These visa-restricted nationals who do not have a valid visa at embarkation will be denied boarding. An exception will be made for a guest who has a valid passport and proof of a right to reside in the US (valid ARC).

I agree with Scouser1077

She should check the requirements for each country visited on the itinerary. We had a family memeber traveling with us on a Western Caribbean sailing a few months ago with a Japanese passport. After checking with their embassy, we had to check with each country we were visiting to make sure no visas were needed.

She should check the requirements for each country visited on the itinerary. We had a family memeber traveling with us on a Western Caribbean sailing a few months ago with a Japanese passport. After checking with their embassy, we had to check with each country we were visiting to make sure no visas were needed.

I totally agree...this can be very important.

She is a citizen of Vietnam. Therefore, she needs to check with her Embassy to see what visas might be required based on the ports of call. A U.S. resident card isn't a free pass. She is a citizen of another country and might need visas or other documents.

Call the Embassy.

She is a citizen of Vietnam. Therefore' date=' she needs to check with her Embassy to see what visas might be required based on the ports of call. A U.S. resident card isn't a free pass. She is a citizen of another country and might need visas or other documents.

Call the Embassy.[/quote']

No, it isn't her Embassy she needs to check with, but rather the embassies of the countries she plans to visit. It it that country which establishes the entry requirements.

Her embassy *might* have information as a courtesy to its citizens, but her embassy would only be a secondary source, and its information conceivably in error or out of date. Best go to the primary source, i.e. the embassy of the country planned to be visited.

Archived