Has Anyone Noticed Price Cuts for Next Summer

franncos

Has Anyone Noticed Price Cuts for Next Summer? I have been checking both Florida and NYc cruises so far and no price cuts. Does eveyone think it is to early yet? I will guess alot of pricing will depend on the economy in the spring. What do you think?

Has Anyone Noticed Price Cuts for Next Summer? I have been checking both Florida and NYc cruises so far and no price cuts. Does eveyone think it is to early yet? I will guess alot of pricing will depend on the economy in the spring. What do you think?

Doubtful you will see any significant price cuts for NYC cruises, there are so few sailings, that the demand will always be there.

With the Florida summer cruises, I would think those would drop after final payment is due.

Any other opions?

I agree with all the above :p Summer is high season... our cruise for next October (low season) has gone UP... perhaps last minute there may be something, but you are going to be less likely to find great deals in the summer.

I called and got a good price on the Pride out of Baltimore next August with and upgrade when I booked. There are good deals out there, it pays to call your carnival PVP from time to time to say hi.

I found a $50 drop on my Triumph cruise in September. The first drop I've seen since I have been cruising with carnival.

Yeah I doubt you will see the price come down, if anything it's more likely to go up. Reducing the price is not likely to cause anyone to cruise who wouldn't otherwise so they would just be losing money on those that do, plus they would have to give money back to the people who already booked.

IF you see price drops, they might happen much closer to departure, probably after the "wave" season (months of january-april when most people book their summer cruises).

However, the best piece of advice always is to book NOW and then keep an eye on prices. Remember that if prices go up, you can't call later and ask them to protect you at a price that you saw in the past. Most people that wait for price drops or last minute deals end up paying more, or not going at all...

As someone said, summer is PEAK time for families, and out of NYC, prices and demand are always higher.

The way the economy is going:confused: The prices will drop IMO.......They can't even fill up some of their ships right now.......

I would wait........

Good luck!

A lot of economists are predicting a rebound sometime between now and April. It could happen any day now to be honest with you. I'm not saying all, but a lot of people that cruise have a good portion of thier money in the stock market. The stock market always rebounds well before the recession is over so the market could go up at any time. And when the market goes up a lot of people will feel richer.

I can't hurt to buy now as other posters have said if it goes down they will give you OBC or lower your price. But a lot of economists are also predicting inflation soon so the price is more likely to go up. We can't print 1 trillion dollars and bailout every industry in the country and not expect massive inflation. Buy now there has never been a better time to buy anything in my opinion. If you have any cash you should be buying stocks or vacations or anything. Get it now before the inflation gets here which many say is just around the corner.

A lot of economists are predicting a rebound sometime between now and April. It could happen any day now to be honest with you. I'm not saying all, but a lot of people that cruise have a good portion of thier money in the stock market. The stock market always rebounds well before the recession is over so the market could go up at any time. And when the market goes up a lot of people will feel richer.

I can't hurt to buy now as other posters have said if it goes down they will give you OBC or lower your price. But a lot of economists are also predicting inflation soon so the price is more likely to go up. We can't print 1 trillion dollars and bailout every industry in the country and not expect massive inflation. Buy now there has never been a better time to buy anything in my opinion. If you have any cash you should be buying stocks or vacations or anything. Get it now before the inflation gets here which many say is just around the corner.

Well I suppose anyone can predict anything lol! I tend to live in the real world and see first hand how many people are loosing or out of jobs..........out of homes etc.......

It will take alot longer then a few months before this country is back on track......and vacations will be last on their lists....

My TA just told me the other day.........no one is beating down her door to book a cruise.......

I hope you are right........but I'm not betting on it:)

Book when you find a cruise that you like and that you can live with the price. If the price then drops, you'll get the discount. If you can't book without waiting for a sale, you may never book.

I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy! Need to update my sig!

Just booked another cruise yesterday and got a great rate (P1S sale code). Also got $200 per person knocked off my Miracle cruise for NEXT December (and expect the fuel surcharge to be dropped on both).

Until this upcoming Fascination cruise, I'd never, ever had a price drop and I don't even sail during the summer months.

Now, let's just hope I don't lose my job. :o

Just got $200 off of my July 2009 Valor out of Miami with the sale code, and upgraded from an 8a to an 8g!

This is a "one day" sale, so book now! You can always cancel if you cant afford it come May when final payment is due, and keep your eye on it until then, you will get the price drop adjustments if they go down.

Aloha,

Kat

Doubtful you will see any significant price cuts for NYC cruises, there are so few sailings, that the demand will always be there.

With the Florida summer cruises, I would think those would drop after final payment is due.

There was a sale the other day, 8A to 8I........my TA got us on that, with a cabin on 8H........next to our cabin in the original booking.......and saved $450........this is out of NY

Well I suppose anyone can predict anything lol! I tend to live in the real world and see first hand how many people are loosing or out of jobs..........out of homes etc.......

It will take alot longer then a few months before this country is back on track......and vacations will be last on their lists....

My TA just told me the other day.........no one is beating down her door to book a cruise.......

I hope that poster is right too.. but everything I am reading is predicting 2010-12

We're booked for the Miracle for May 2009

Nada

I check frequently... I dont think it is going to happen with NY Sailings...:(

I agree . . . this recession will probably last much much longer than next spring. Most of the economists I keep watch with are saying the housing industry will have to be the first to come back and housing construction dropped another 4.5% last month (lowest on record). :eek:

I'm usually disgusted by pessimists, but a good dose of realism is in order also. :)

Archived