hunky dory

rosehill

I was lucky enough to meet Hunky Dory on my Mediterranean cruise on the Zuiderdam last month. He really is as amazing as I had heard... he had our entire table in stiches one night as he breezed through our part of the dining room :)

I don't know if he repositioned with the Zuiderdam; perhaps someone on a recent Caribbean sailing will let us know.

What is the story on this "Hunky Dory" fellow? I keep seeing references to him and I am so curious about what makes him special to people. He must be quite a character to have such a following.

Hunky Dory is a crew member who works in the dining room and the Lido for breakfast and lunch.

We met him back in 2005 on the Zuiderdam. He takes pride in remembering everyone's name as they pick up a tray in the Lido to get their meals -- and greets them every time he sees them. However -- he could never remember my real name -- cheated and wrote it down in a tiny notebook.

Hunky Dory is a crew member who works in the dining room and the Lido for breakfast and lunch.

We met him back in 2005 on the Zuiderdam. He takes pride in remembering everyone's name as they pick up a tray in the Lido to get their meals -- and greets them every time he sees them. However -- he could never remember my real name -- cheated and wrote it down in a tiny notebook.

Is he always on the Zuiderdam or does he move from ship to ship?

Oh, I was so hoping he'd try the Eurodam! Last time I saw Hunky he was on the Oosterdam - Mexican Riviera. Of course he greeted us by name after not having seen us since Alaska on the O almost 2 years earlier! Simply amazing.. I told him we had a Eurodam cruise booked and he said he hoped to try the Euro at some point... anyway, I'm glad someone posted this - I hope someone can tell us where he is now or will be in December...

:)Moriah

He's right here on Zuidy... and he is so popular, his 'reserved' tables in the Vista DR are sold out.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Good to know. He's really great, he was our server on the Yummers cruise

last February. He's so funny and such a nice guy. Hope he's had a time to go home for a bit he was getting homesick the last time I talked to him.

Archived