Another one back from Solstice pre-innaugural

flagger

I will bet the first dry dock includes a re-fit to correct this problem and give people MUCH better balconies and them much more money that they will charge for the new cabins. This is one of the strange parts of the ship IMO.

While we were watching the pictures of the ship being built, I really wondered about that ledge. I was in hopes the balcony's on top of it would go out to the edge, but I have to admit the design gives beautiful lines to the ship. as for any changes, Look at the aft of the voyager class RCCL ships. Unless you are on one of the two top decks the aft cabins have a horrible view, and that would never be changed. :eek:

I do think there will still be more category changes with the cabins. Celebrity will learn with the Solstice which cabins are less desirable, like they did with the Millennium. The sky deck on the Millie is what was soon to become the CC cabin. (I had the pleasure of being in one before they were made CC:rolleyes:) I cant help but think it was the Unfavorable reports about the view and noise from these cabins that brought about the CC category within a year after her christening.

If you look at Inletcam's pictures of Solstice the ledge really does look nice.

The members of the company I am with were given 40 spaces in the specialty restaurants by Celebrity. There were 10 spaces in each restaurant. Some of us ate in Murano, some in Blu, some in Tuscan Grill and Ms. Flagger and I dined in Silk Harvest.

The food was really wonderful, hot and fresh. The service was outstanding. The restaurant was far from full however as they had two seatings in all of the restaurants at 6pm and 8pm (maybe a bit later as I don't have my notes handy).

We were at a table of six with other guests and the food was ordered family style. The won ton soup beginning was really fresh with good ingredients. We sampled a bit of everything from Sushi (shown in my photo), Pad Thai, shumai, and other Americanized faux Asian fare (think fried rice, Kung Pao Chicken, Pepper steak, etc.).

I would have preferred to eat just a few things and as Ms. Flagger has an allergy to bell pepper, we would have preferred to do a bit more specialized ordering. It was delicious though. We are not fans of Asian style desserts which for us was the low point of the meal. However, they were very well done, just not our cup of tea. Those at our table who do enjoy them said they were very tasty.

I think for ambience and the view, I would prefer an early seating at Tuscan Grill and request a table by the aft facing windows. I would love to time my seating at whatever time sunset was depending on the location of the ship. You may see the actual sunset, but certainly that golden hour of light over the wake of the ship. The food there was reported to be excellent. I even went over and visited our friends and tasted one of the steak fries! The tiramisu looked divine and I was told it tasted that as well.

We are taking the 2-day Solstice cruise on November 21st, and I was wondering if you know where you sailed while on your cruise? Did you see land most of the time, and was it anywhere toward the Keys? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Steve

Steve, did you join our roll call for the 2-day Nov. 21 sail?

We are booked in Concierge Class stateroom 1040 (Solstice 2/22 sailing). We are considering switching to Aqua Class. Does anyone know the additional perks besides dining at Blu you get with Aqua Class? What restaurants are specialty and which are free? What perks we get for being Elite members? We still have a chance to switch catagories so any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Bill

Archived