asked on Mexican Riviera, no ans. What about El Cid in Mazatlan?

39august

I understand that you may use the beach at El Cid if you buy food or drinks, as with many hotels in Mexico. Can anyone comment on this beach? Is there shade, natural, umbrellas, etc.? Is the view a good one? Is the beach white sand or rocky and brown? Any input will be appreciated.

We went to the El Cid during 2 Mexican Riviera cruises we took in 1997 and 1998. This is quite a large resort and they seemed to welcome drop-in guests who ordered food and/or drinks.

The beach is quite nice, although as I recall, there were quite a number of pesky vendors. The sand isn't as white as you might find in the Caribbean, but I don't recall it being rocky.

If I was going back to Mazatlan for the day, I wouldn't hesitate to head over to El Cid.

We did El Cid, it was ok. We rented Sea-doo's and my son's kept breaking down, had to be "towed" back in while the engine was smoking. Bad luck.

The beach was not rocky, had lunch. Would not go back, but that's just us. You may very much enjoy this beach day! We are heading to Senor Frogs and do some shopping this time :D

We found the same as the above posts. A few years ago it was free, we used loungers at the pool and also spent time under the thatched umbrellas on the beach. A rope keeps vendors out. You can order drinks and snacks as day guests, and pay cash. The waiter will get you towels if you provide some ID that the pool desk can keep until you return the towels. Lovely restaurant next door, to the right facing the water, patio and inside tables, nice view.

This is a timeshare place and at the port there is a kiosk where they offer a free ride to the El Cid and free lunch if you attend a timeshare speech, which would wipe out a lot of your time. Open air cab from downtown was $10 total each way, and coming back the took us all the way to the ship for the same price.

-Bob

Archived