Why No Interest in CC Group Cruise on Triumph 1/9/2010???

Ship Addict

Why did you not book the Triumph Group Cruise?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you not book the Triumph Group Cruise?

• The date you chose is bad timing for me. I would have booked if you chose a different date.
    • 2010 is too far away to think about vacation plans!
    • I'm not booking any new vacations right now because of the economy.
    • Who the heck is Ship Addict? I'm not sure I want to book a group with her . . .
    • I just did the poll because they're fun -- I never had any intention of booking this ship/itinerary.
    • It took too long to get rates and I already made other vacation plans.

I created a poll a while back and determined that there seemed to be a pretty high level of interest in a CC group cruise on the Triumph out of New Orleans. Since then, I created a group for 1/9/2010 but have had very little luck in getting bookings. The $25 deposit special will be up on Monday, so I'm beginning to get concerned about the future of the group.

If you were interested before but changed your mind, could you share your reasons for not booking?

I don't do many group cruises and can usually get better prices - especially in this economy.

For a lot of people, that is just after Christmas and when they have to pay for all the stuff they couldn't afford in the first place.

oh yeah - and don't do polls :-)

Im already booked on Triumph in Dec 09 and Galveston is closer, so I wouldnt go to New Orleans twice that close together on the same ship. Just doesnt work for me, but Id go otherwise.

As I remember this date wasnt that popular, you picked it because it was cheaper.

I

As I remember this date wasnt that popular, you picked it because it was cheaper.

Actually, the date I chose came in second, and I figured with the rates being $200 p/p below the first place cruise, this was a smarter choice. Of course, now I'm second guessing myself.

Although I have to say I still don't think I'd choose the April dates with the rates being so high, but I would definitely consider one of the other dates given the lack of bookings on this date.

I created a poll a while back and determined that there seemed to be a pretty high level of interest in a CC group cruise on the Triumph out of New Orleans. Since then, I created a group for 1/9/2010 but have had very little luck in getting bookings. The $25 deposit special will be up on Monday, so I'm beginning to get concerned about the future of the group.

If you were interested before but changed your mind, could you share your reasons for not booking?

Losing your free cabin huh.:D

That was not my main concern, but thanks for your sympathy.

I did not know you were looking for sympathy.

It must be a let down to do all that planning and have visions of a great group cruise that would go down in history but instead it goes down the toilet.

I feel sorry for you for all the work you tried to put in for it.

Hows that?:D

They big grin on the prior posting should have made my intention known.

I really think the economy has many people concerned and mayby as your date gets closer and the economy gets better your bookings will pick up.

Good luck.:)

I did not know you were looking for sympathy.

It must be a let down to do all that planning and have visions of a great group cruise that would go down in history but instead it goes down the toilet.

I feel sorry for you for all the work you tried to put in for it.

Hows that?:D

They big grin on the prior posting should have made my intention known.

I really think the economy has many people concerned and mayby as your date gets closer and the economy gets better your bookings will pick up.

Good luck.:)

That's better! :) I guess I took your post out of context! But seriously, I wasn't counting the free cruise yet cos I hadn't earned it yet!

I haven't given up on making this a great group cruise, but I'm kinda stalled on STEP ONE.

I was interested but I have to wait to book for awhile. I graduate college in May and I hopefully will have a new job within a few months....but I don't know if I'll have enough vacation time accrued by then.

I figured I'd jump on if I could when I knew for sure, even though I wouldn't be able to use the reduced deposit perk.

I was interested but I have to wait to book for awhile. I graduate college in May and I hopefully will have a new job within a few months....but I don't know if I'll have enough vacation time accrued by then.

I figured I'd jump on if I could when I knew for sure, even though I wouldn't be able to use the reduced deposit perk.

That's good to hear and congrats on the pending graduation!

Hopefully they will extend the deposit for a little longer, but it would probably only be another month or so.

I might be interested. I haven't been on CC that long, and have read about people havin a blast on the group cruises, but havn't quite figured out how they work. Let me know what's up with them and you may have a taker!

BTW...a pick-me-up cruise in the throws of snow and ice is always somethin to look forward to! And I will need a vacation after my kids' Christmas vacation!!!!!

I'll be honest since you asked. :) And I really mean no disrespect - just my personal opinion here - but wasn't your group thread titled something like "tanked on the Triumph?" I remember seeing it and the title immediately turned me off - I'm not that much of a drinker and it brought forth the image of a bunch of drunks partying themselves into oblivion. I'm sure that's not what you intended, but had I been looking for a group in 2010 the title alone would have kept me from joining more than likely. That and I am already planning another group cruise in 2010 with the group we sailed with last summer.

I'll be honest since you asked. :) And I really mean no disrespect - just my personal opinion here - but wasn't your group thread titled something like "tanked on the Triumph?" I remember seeing it and the title immediately turned me off - I'm not that much of a drinker and it brought forth the image of a bunch of drunks partying themselves into oblivion. I'm sure that's not what you intended, but had I been looking for a group in 2010 the title alone would have kept me from joining more than likely. That and I am already planning another group cruise in 2010 with the group we sailed with last summer.

Thank you for your honesty. Seriously, though, I was completely stumped on a "catchy phrase" for the group cruise, and that was all I could come up with. I DO drink, however, have no plans to get "tanked" on the cruise. I was hoping someone could come up with something better . . .

All the good names have already been taken (Saints & Sinners, Looters, Crazies . . . )

Open for suggestions!

I might be interested. I haven't been on CC that long, and have read about people havin a blast on the group cruises, but havn't quite figured out how they work. Let me know what's up with them and you may have a taker!

BTW...a pick-me-up cruise in the throws of snow and ice is always somethin to look forward to! And I will need a vacation after my kids' Christmas vacation!!!!!

Group cruises are a blast. I haven't been on an official CC group cruise, but have met a lot of people thru roll calls and met up with them on board. I have met a lot of great people. I just got back from a private group cruise and enjoyed spending the year or so counting down the cruise with them!

Groups plan things together to make the cruise more enjoyable -- group excursion, dinner out the night before the cruise leaves to meet up, matching shirts, bar crawl, karaoke, poker run stuff like that. Group members choose to join in on what they want and go solo when they want.

Aside from activities, you usually get perks traveling as a group. There is ship credit available for this sailing. Depending on the size of the group, sometimes the cruise line will throw in other things like a cocktail party or photo coupons and stuff like that. Cruise Critic usually throws in a couple of small logo items too and you can get a discount on their other stuff.

Anticipation of the cruise with a group is more exciting than by yourself -- you have a whole bunch of other cruise-crazy people here who will talk cruising and ships and ports and stuff all day long with you if you want. None of that eye rolling that you get at home when that's all you want to talk about!

A cruise in the middle of winter sounds GREAT to me. I have never done that before. I don't know about the snow (I live near Houston), but I do know it is always wet, dirty, and gray around here that time of year. A nice warm beach and sunshine would really feel good about then.

As far as budgeting for an early January cruise, I plan on paying for the cruise by the month and have it paid off far in advance of Christmas season, and hopefully have plenty of time to save up spending money as well.

I'm with lilnan. This is all new to me. I just got off the Triumph, but would be willing to give her another shot. Just haven't figured out all this Crazies, RedHats, etc. yet.

Jim

Thanks for the fun details, Ship Addict. I would absolutely be interested. Can you email me the info or is that against the rules? Can you get my email by clicking on my profile, or do I just give it to you? Like I said, new here, so bare with me please.

Thanks for the fun details, Ship Addict. I would absolutely be interested. Can you email me the info or is that against the rules? Can you get my email by clicking on my profile, or do I just give it to you? Like I said, new here, so bare with me please.

It's not against the rules for official CC groups, but I looked at your profile and didn't see an email. you can take a look here -- shipaddict.info or email me at shipaddict at gmail dot com.

Thanks, I picked up the site from your last post. Just shot you an email. Do you have a final price including taxes and fuel charges?

I emailed you, but the prices include everything -- taxes, port fees, and fuel charges. The only thing not included is tips.

Archived