Miami - suggestions please

lovecruzin

Hi

We have 2 nights in Miami before our cruise (mid December). I would prefer to take a cab to a hotel and be within walking distance of restaurants and shopping (for wine). And not too far from the pier.

It would be helpful if we could stay at a Marriott and use points but that is not a must...otherwise, I would like to keep the hotel below $175 night.

I would appreciate any suggestions on where to stay.

Good Morning,

I have been searching hotels also for the past 9 months. I was originally booked at the La Quinta East that is by the airport. Went to google earth and used their street view and saw that the neighborhood did not look that I could walk anywhere safe. Also, no restaurants or liquor stores close by. So I cancel there and now am booked at the Best Western Miami Airport West Inn & Suites for $169 plus tax. Staying there end of February. Street view on google earth shows a very nice clean neighborhood with lots of restaurants and a liquor store within walking distance. Also, near the Doral golf resort. I know this is not near the pier, but for the price and location, I chose this place. They have a free shuttle from the airport and I plan on either taking their shuttle back to the airport and using the cruise transportation to the pier or taking a taxi to the pier. I hope this helps.

Hi

We have 2 nights in Miami before our cruise (mid December). I would prefer to take a cab to a hotel and be within walking distance of restaurants and shopping (for wine). And not too far from the pier.

It would be helpful if we could stay at a Marriott and use points but that is not a must...otherwise, I would like to keep the hotel below $175 night.

I would appreciate any suggestions on where to stay.

You don't want to stay at any airport hotels if you are in the Miami area for two nights. Nothing to do . Since you mentioned Marriotts, check out the Courtyards...one in South Beach and another on Collins (oceanfront). Don't know what the rates will be at that time. Easy to get around from either.

You don't want to stay at any airport hotels if you are in the Miami area for two nights. Nothing to do . Since you mentioned Marriotts, check out the Courtyards...one in South Beach and another on Collins (oceanfront). Don't know what the rates will be at that time. Easy to get around from either.

I agree, either the Courtyard or Marriott South Beach. There's a lot to see and a unique atmosphere. It's easy to get around by foot, taxi or the South Beach Bus loop.

Mike

Thanks for the suggestions, the Courtyard on Collins may work for us. I also see there is a "new" Courtyard in Coral Gables, anyone know anything about that? The only reviews I can find on tripadvisor are before it was a Marriott.

Make sure you pick the Courtyard By Marriott South Beah and do not pick the CbMarriot Miami Beach! Both are on Collins but the latter is in a horrible location and you cannot walk to anything!

Archived