Zaandam cabins

cruisun

We are booked in an A category cabin on the Zaandam for our Hawaii cruise in February. Does anyone know if these cabins are shaded by the Lido deck. From looking at the deck plans and pictures of the ship it appears that they are shaded. If this is the case we would like to switch categories. We have only been on Vista class prior to this. Any help would be appreciated.

If your cabin is under the restaurant portion of the Lido Deck, there will be an overhang. Otherwise, the amount of shade will be based on the angle of the sun. All the balconies are stacked straight up and down.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that we are under the lido extension and that all of the A cabins are. We have an a guarantee so hopefully we could get upgraded to an S, if not our only similar option is a BB category which is lower and farther aft. We are sticking with the A, hoping to get an S and if we don't we will enjoy the A. I just hope we get some sun because we have 8 sea days and I love to read and hand out on the balcony. I realize of course that the angle of the sun and direction of the ship determines how much sun one gets, however I would imagine the overhang allows for less sun in any scenario.

Archived