Times in Guest Vacation Documents Ship or Local?

jb008

Hi All,

I tried searching RCI's website, but didn't find the answer. Does RC use shore (local) times in their arrival/departure timing? The itinerary lists arrival at 7:00 AM, and we're thinking of booking an 8:00 AM (local time) excursion via a third party company (Shoretrips).

Thanks!

I am pretty sure that it is ship's time. My albeit limited experience with booking independent tours is that they know what time your ship is getting in and they allow accordingly. They also know to allow for the time it takes people to get off the ship. When you book your tour, if you will tell them the name of the ship, they'll probably be able to help you outl

You will always be using ship time and will receive updates if or when the ship time changes. As you leave the ship you will be reminded of the latest time to reboard for departure. It's an observed ritual to watch those returning late. The times on your itinerary will be ship time. It may be worth seeing who else has sailed your itinerary to see if the ship did in fact change time to one different to your particular port of call.

To clarify - does ship time adjust with local time on RCI, or do they keep a steady time the entire cruise (and advise whether ports are +/- a certain number of hours from ship time)?

We're leaving Port Canaveral and going to Nassau and Coco Cays.

EDIT: I guess this is a moot question - Nassau uses Eastern Standard Time and day light savings time identical to the Eastern US. Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

I think the ships time in most cases would be local time.

I have been on many cruises where the ships do adjust as we pass thru different time zones. Sometimes they change at night and sometimes they have changed at 12 noon....quite interesting as they changed at noon. Dining room at lunch had to adjust as well.

Cell phones adjust automatically (at least mine does)

On some of my cruises ship's time has changed to local time, on others ship's time stayed the same the entire cruise, on others it was a moot point because all the ports had the same time as the departure point.

All times listed is ship's time. It may or may not agree with the local time when in port. If it does not, they will make it a point to advise you of the difference in both the Compass and announcements/signs at disembarkation. Most cruises stay in the same general area (e.g. Caribbean) and do not change ship's time. The ship's time is generally the same as the time at your embarkation port. If they are cruising a long distance such as a relocation cruise, you will be notified of any changes if they occur.

Archived