Best place on Solstice for Sailaway

tbmrt

When we were on the Legend last year we all headed to the top deck to watch the ship go under the Tampa bridge.

Would the top deck be the best place for sailaway on the Solstice?

Barbara

My bet would be the Solstice Deck, which if the highest deck onboard. (Located towards the bow of the ship). Being there should offer you 360 degree views of the ship and Ft. Lauderdale and other ports of call.

I think the OceanView Bar has more space depending on the size of your group. We had almost 100 members of the company I work for at the OceanView Bar on Tuesday and we would have been a bit more crowded at the Sunset Bar. It is just one deck down.

One very nice area would be the lawn area if you will be permitted on it. Some of the lawn was taped off for "resting", I think was the phrasing. This grassy area is at the very back of the ship and along the sides at the back, so you'll be able to look back at Fort Lauderdale as you sail out of Port Everglades.

If you have a room with a veranda, the verandas on the port side will face the apartment buildings and elegant homes along the inlet. So you will need to have a cabin to be on the port side of the ship. If you are starboard, you will see the port itself. That is not such an exciting view. The action is on the other side because people wave, shout and blow horns from the partments. It is great fun--a truly memorable sendoff.

Archived