Check your booking if you used CVC

OurFamily

I am sailing November 29th on the Liberty of the Seas. I received my Edocs from CVC on November 7th. (Can I say the name of who recently ceased operations???) Anyway I found out last night on these boards about the closing of this company. I figured I was safe because I received my final docs and I sail this week! Figured I would have been contacted if a problem right? Nope. I called RCCL today just to confirm I was all set and they never received my final payment!! CVC stole my final 954.00 payment made on September 3rd!!

The RCCL rep was named Anna and she was excellent. She assisted me in transferring my reservation to them but told me I would need to pay the balance I owe or I couldn't sail this Saturday. However, she wanted to confirm this first. She called me back about 25 minutes later and RCCL took care of the payment. I was so grateful!! I am sailing in a Grand Suite total of 4 people so I certainly spent enough money already :-)! I did lose my $400 OBC but in the grand scheme of things it could have been much worse.

The point of this post is to call RCCL and confirm they have your money if you used this agency! Even though I was paid in full on Sept 3rd and received my Edocs I really wasn't. Can you imagine arriving at the pier with my wife, 5 & 3 year old in tow and not being able to board! What a nightmare that could have been. Thanks again RCCL and Anna. You did a fantastic job!

I am sailing November 29th on the Liberty of the Seas. I received my Edocs from CVC on November 7th. (Can I say the name of who recently ceased operations???) Anyway I found out last night on these boards about the closing of this company. I figured I was safe because I received my final docs and I sail this week! Figured I would have been contacted if a problem right? Nope. I called RCCL today just to confirm I was all set and they never received my final payment!! CVC stole my final 954.00 payment made on September 3rd!!

The RCCL rep was named Anna and she was excellent. She assisted me in transferring my reservation to them but told me I would need to pay the balance I owe or I couldn't sail this Saturday. However, she wanted to confirm this first. She called me back about 25 minutes later and RCCL took care of the payment. I was so grateful!! I am sailing in a Grand Suite total of 4 people so I certainly spent enough money already :-)! I did lose my $400 OBC but in the grand scheme of things it could have been much worse.

The point of this post is to call RCCL and confirm they have your money if you used this agency! Even though I was paid in full on Sept 3rd and received my Edocs I really wasn't. Can you imagine arriving at the pier with my wife, 5 & 3 year old in tow and not being able to board! What a nightmare that could have been. Thanks again RCCL and Anna. You did a fantastic job!

What is a CVC?

Thanks,

Robb

How did they "take care of it"? Are you cruising for free or how did they get the money?

We had a land vacation booked with CVC and are currently in the process of trying to recover from our credit card as they stole our final payment, too. Now we're going to get killed on the exchange rate.

What is a CVC?

Thanks,

Robb

It is the name of a Travel Agency that recently closed up and may have received deposits, whether down payment or final payments, and now passengers have to make sure their cruise is paid for.

They can not assume it was payed in full, just because they gave the Cruise value Center ( get it ha ha), their down payments and the T/A sent them in to RC.

The OP is stating the problem they had with the Agency!;)

How did they "take care of it"? Are you cruising for free or how did they get the money?

RCCL must have gotten the entire cruise amount for the grand suite from the OP through the travel agency except for the final payment of $954.00

So knowing the price of the grand suite on Liberty for 4 people, it was much more than $954.00 ;)

Good for RCCL for helping you out Our Family. :D

RCCL must have gotten the entire cruise amount for the grand suite from the OP through the travel agency except for the final payment of $954.00

So knowing the price of the grand suite on Liberty for 4 people, it was much more than $954.00 ;)

Good for RCCL for helping you out Our Family. :D

That was my original thought as well, however do they send docs before everything is paid in full? The OP received eDocs.

###

Something does not make sense here... RCL just took care of the $954.00 for the OP ??? I seriously don't see how they are going to write that amount off as a loss. I also dont understand why edocs were available if the final payment was not already taken care of.

There has to be more to this story....it just does not add up, but am happy to hear the OP has gotten things all taken care of for their cruise ! :confused:

Something does not make sense here... RCL just took care of the $954.00 for the OP ??? I seriously don't see how they are going to write that amount off as a loss. I also dont understand why edocs were available if the final payment was not already taken care of.

There has to be more to this story....it just does not add up, but am happy to hear the OP has gotten things all taken care of for their cruise ! :confused:

I wish I could tell you all the details too. I really don't know what was done. All I know for sure is RCCL explained to me I still owed this amount. When they called me back they said it was paid in full now. I have no idea how they did it nor could they tell me when I asked. As far as the Edocs go I received an email from Cruise Value Center on November 7th with a link to the Edocs at the site https://secure.cruisingpower.com/ ###### This was the legitimate 13 page Edoc in PDF format. Wish I had more info for you.

Maybe the CVC did send in the final payment then? Could it be when you called RCCL didn't locate it, but after they did they called you back?

I am in no way defending CVC (I dont even know who they are), but something like this was done to me once for a land trip I planned. "Payment wasn't received, oh wait here it is)

Just a thought, really suck if this company is stealing peoples money.

Anyway congrats and have a good trip.

I am thinking RCL had your $$$ from CVC (assuming you paid via c.card, did it appear on your statement as paid to RCL or CVC?) and they were just holding onto it for some unknown reason ???

Bottom Line is YOU ARE CRUISING !!!

My CC charges were always to Cruise Value Center except for the 1st one. I made a total of 4 payments. I did actually ask RCCL how they received my payments and they told me the first payment was received on my credit card. The next 2 payments they received by check from Cruise Value (even though I paid on my credit card) and my last payment they never received. So apparently Cruise Value charged my card but sent money to RCCL via a check for payment number 2 & 3.

I am thinking RCL had your $$$ from CVC (assuming you paid via c.card, did it appear on your statement as paid to RCL or CVC?) and they were just holding onto it for some unknown reason ???

!

Maybe the CVC did send in the final payment then? Could it be when you called RCCL didn't locate it, but after they did they called you back?

I am in no way defending CVC (I dont even know who they are), but something like this was done to me once for a land trip I planned. "Payment wasn't received, oh wait here it is)

That's what I am also thinking. Whoever you talked to at RCCL made a mistake when they said you were not paid in full. Remember, had you not been paid in full by your final payment date, your cruise reservation would have been cancelled by RCCL and your stateroom would have been reserved by another passenger. RCCL will not hold a stateroom more than a few days after final is due.:rolleyes:

I don't know what to tell you. Just wanted to make sure people double check their reservations if they used Cruise Value. I don't think RCCL made a mistake though. When I called and gave my reservation number they had to transfer me to a special dispute department they have for this problem. The woman explained to me I wasn't as bad as some people she is dealing with. She said some people really got ripped off bad.

That was my original thought as well, however do they send docs before everything is paid in full? The OP received eDocs.

###

Same thing i was going to ask. Why did they allow the OP to get their final docs without being paid in full.

I've never heard of that before.:confused:

Bill

It sounds like CVC had already sent the net amount (gross amount less commission) to Royal already. That's how the e-docs were released. When a reservation is transfered back to Royal, they're looking for the gross amount since it is now considered a direct booking. It sounds like someone figured out that getting the net in this situation was good for the customer and good for Royal Caribbean as well.

I don't know what to tell you. Just wanted to make sure people double check their reservations if they used Cruise Value. I don't think RCCL made a mistake though. When I called and gave my reservation number they had to transfer me to a special dispute department they have for this problem. The woman explained to me I wasn't as bad as some people she is dealing with. She said some people really got ripped off bad.

For future cruise bookings, I would make certain whatever agency you book with is providing your c.card # direct to the cruisline and the charge appears on your statemnt made to the cruiseline and NOT the travel agency you are dealing with. This is where alot of people got screwed.... CVC got the $$ but neglected to make the payment to cruiselines... Sounds to me the Cash "Float" they were using "Burst" in their faces and many of their customers were left holding the damages done by this agencies poorly handled business practices.

That's for sure. No way RCL issued documents without the cruise being paid in full.

That's what I am also thinking. Whoever you talked to at RCCL made a mistake when they said you were not paid in full. Remember, had you not been paid in full by your final payment date, your cruise reservation would have been cancelled by RCCL and your stateroom would have been reserved by another passenger. RCCL will not hold a stateroom more than a few days after final is due.:rolleyes:

That is not true. I once had a ta not send my payment to RCI and my reservation was not cancelled. I was notified via email by RCI that my final payment was overdue and I contacted them and explained that I did pay already to the ta. Well it took two weeks before the ta forwarded my payment to RCI but my reservation was not cancelled.

Another time RCI owed me a refund but I had paid via cheque months before so the refund had to come by cheque. 6 weeks passed and I still did not receive my refund. I had final payment due on another cruise and paid everything but the amount that I was owed from the refund. Long story short RCI called telling me that I still had an outstanding balance and I explained that it wouldn't be paid until I got my refund. They added comments to my reservation about the reason for lack of pament. Five days before my ship sailed I received my refund and I then paid the balance via CC for my sailing leaving in 5 days. RCI did NOT cancel my reservation due to the few hundred dollars outstanding.:rolleyes:

We had a land vacation booked with CVC and are currently in the process of trying to recover from our credit card as they stole our final payment, too. Now we're going to get killed on the exchange rate.

We also used them for our Jan cruise and CVC stole our final payment. We had paid them nearly $2,000 and they kept the money for 4 weeks before shutting down. RCL never received our payment. All this happened 2 days after final payment. RC faxed CVC Nov 8 with a warning that they were about to cancel our booking. They didn't close for 3 more days but failed to forward our payment. I'm so angry with them.

I called RCL and they gave us 24 hours to come up with another $2,000. We also got screwed on the exchange rate! We have to work with our credit card company to get our funds back. It has been 12 days and we still haven't received the dispute form from them to get the ball rolling. They refuse to fax it to expidite the process.

What happens to all those poor souls who will show up at the pier and have no reservation?!

Has anyone else booked through Cruise Value Center?

I too received a call from RCCL, advising CVC had ceased operations, and that my paid in full reservation, was not paid in full.

That not only has they not received a payment of $429.00, but to add insult to injury, they also did not refund my fuel surcharge from a 2007, sailing on the Adventure, which RCCL sent to CVC, rather than me. And the final blow, the on board credit of $150.00 was not available.

So I had to book, on the Serenade to avoid, having to pay $500, to RCCL, of course my advance pre-paid, non-refundable hotels reservation, for $220.00 are another loss.

Has RCCL, done anything to the benefit of any clients? Were Diamond members, so it's not as if we have never sailed with RCCL.

Archived