?(No) Trays in Lido

GeriatricNurse

We'll get there; I have no doubt

Just thought I would help reach the golden 500 post. :cool:

Personally I could not care less if there are trays or not.

Just my 2 cents.:eek: That's all I have left after making final payment for the Deluxe Veranda suite on my Ryndam cruise.:D

To help reach the 500 by Friday, I want to add that it has been really exciting following this thread! And I too cannot believe it is still going, but posting on it gives me a warm and fuzzy I guess!

Plus I want to see if the Rev is going to get another "free" cruise out of it!! :eek:

To help reach the 500 by Friday, I want to add that it has been really exciting following this thread! And I too cannot believe it is still going, but posting on it gives me a warm and fuzzy I guess!

Plus I want to see if the Rev is going to get another "free" cruise out of it!! :eek:

Current rules do not prohibit a two time winner.

Rich

...you never know, lap tops might take the place of trays in the Lido when the latter are removed

All the more reason why I should just wait for the new 17-inch MacBook Pro to come out with the new MacBook Pro Form factor. :D

They've decided to go with dresser draws from the cabin. They hold more food.

Dresser4.jpg

That dresser has 2 more drawers than My cheep-o inside cabin on a Vista ... and they're wider, too (the only drawers in an inside cabin on a Vista are the two drawers in each of the night stands. :)

As I said before, "don't look at me." :D I don't need another 3-day Carnival cruise over Spring Break! Watching "College Girls Gone Wild Volume XXX" would be rather tedious. ;)

hi-we just got off an 18 day MSC Lirica trip where they substitute really large oval platters for trays. It is not as bad as it seems and the waiters on this particular trip would go get your hot or cold beverage for you. Quite a few people used bowls in addition to their platters--you could manage one or two on the platter without too many problems.

We were on the Westerdam last week and no trays. Supposedly, people are supposed to come to your table and offer you juice and coffee and so forth but that only happened to us once. I found myself jumping up far too often. Like I do at home.:mad:

• 1 month later...
I have heard some ships have trays and others do not. I am wondering if I should sneak one in my suitcase. I could see the savings on the environment if they stopped using trays just in the amount of water not used in washing them. I have always been impressed with the level of customer service with HAL and I am sure that anyone that needed help carrrying food or drink would have no problem finding someone to assist them. And if no one was around I would HOPE fellow cruisers would be willing to lend a hand, especially fellow CC'ers

I could see the savings on the environment if they stopped using trays just in the amount of water not used in washing them

Most cruise ships are at sea.:cool: Water is picked up, processed, used, processed again and put back.

Your argument is quite valid in Las Vegas, where no buffets use trays.

I have read on the Celebrity Board that there are NO trays in the Oceanview Cafe on their new ship "Solstice" (and presumeably, all their other ships as well), on which to place your food, drink(s) and utensils, etc., while travelling through the serving line! Apparantly the best guess is that it is a ?cost and/or esthetic issue!

One poster on the Celebrity Board even stated that the trays have been eliminated from HAL (Lido)!

Can any recent cruiser with HAL please either verify/refute the posted information that all trays in the Lido on Hal ships have been eliminated and for what reason(s)?

I sure hope not! It will make for either/or a lot of spillage (and subsequent mess), as one attempts to balance all the food & drink items with their hands (?and arms) as they search for a vacant chair/table at which to sit! Or having to make numerous trips back and forth between their table and the (start) of the serving line to obtain their food & drink, (in shifts)!

Our cruise on the Zaandam there was no shortage of trays,not sure about the rest of the fleet?this was on12/20/08-1/6/09.:D:D:D

Just off the Zaandam (Feb.5), and there were lots of trays.

The trays in the Lido have, apparantly, been eliminated onboard both the Westerdam & Oosterdam, unfortunately!

More than likely, this will be done fleetwide, unfortunately!

Should be great for those with mobility issues!

I was on the OOsterdam 1/24 - 1/31. Very few people had problems with the no tray situation. There were crew available for anyone needing assistance to carry their food to a table. The best part of "no trays" was that each course of my meal was hot. Rather than my lunch entree being warm by the time I finished my salad, I could eat my salad and then go get my entree.

for me, the new "no tray" was great!

The best part of "no trays" was that each course of my meal was hot. Rather than my lunch entree being warm by the time I finished my salad, I could eat my salad and then go get my entree.

You could do it that way even with a tray, however. Those who want to get everything at once are the ones with the difficulty.

And there isn't always help readily available.

On my recent Noordam cruise I only went as far into the Lido as the first station (Express Breakfast), as walking any further was too difficult. There were trays, but I could have used some help. There wasn't any up there. I'm guessing the help was waiting at the full breakfast station.

Archived