?(No) Trays in Lido

GeriatricNurse

Well, just yesterday I rolled my eyes at another tray thread started and here I am posting about it today! :D

There is an article in today's New York Times about colleges doing away with trays in their cafeterias. I thought it may be of interest: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/29/nyregion/29tray.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=tray&st=cse

Ruth and I have a very good relationship when on the ships. She says jump and I say YES DEAR How High.

LOL ... now, Jim ... you know that's not true.

She says "jump" and you probably head to the drop zone. :)

Yeah, you're just as bad as me and you know it. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

We survived our Westerdam April 5th-12th cruise without trays... but we didn't like it. We're not food hoarders (I tend to lose weight on a cruise, what with the extra walking on the ship and in ports) so didn't make trip after trip, but it seemed to be such a hassle to get settled for lunch in the Lido. We gave up after two days and ordered room service, or snacked on those little Neptune thingies, instead.

And, now I can't go to college either! Ah, well... ;)

What happened to boycott HAL until they return lido trays thread? It must have gotten yanked by the all powerful godlike moderators. Some of you who have lives obviously do not understand the passion involved in this issue. It is up there with abortion and gun rights.

The lack of trays impacted the quality time I spent with the most lovely woman ever born. When I am laying on my deathbed, I am going to be really mad because I missed out on at least 2 hours with my wife because we were making trips for condiments, dessert, water, and ice tea on an HAL cruise.

I was upset when I read, "NO TRAYS" a few weeks ago.............plotting to go buy a couple.............when I remembered a TA a few years ago on the PR line. We had no trays, just big "platters"..........we survived. It worked well.

Are they just using the little plates? Are they using platters? When I have my Asian stir fry at lunchtime, I'm sure to burn my hands; those are HOT...............so,

Off I go to find trays for my s-i-l and myself.:p I'm not giving up my calamari stir fry.

I was upset when I read, "NO TRAYS" a few weeks ago.............plotting to go buy a couple.............when I remembered a TA a few years ago on the PR line. We had no trays, just big "platters"..........we survived. It worked well.

Are they just using the little plates? Are they using platters? When I have my Asian stir fry at lunchtime, I'm sure to burn my hands; those are HOT...............so,

Off I go to find trays for my s-i-l and myself.:p I'm not giving up my calamari stir fry.

You go girl! Where there is a will, there is a way. 'Borrow' a tray from McDonalds and return it when you get back...or if you are a fast food snob, opt for the Wendy's tray.

Agree with you wholeheartedly about the calamari. The sushi, too. The only people that can make sushi come from Asia...and there are many Asian chefs on HAL. We loaded up. If we had trays, we could have gotten even more!

Archived