Is this Remotely Possible????

kooljamming

Although it is obviously possible, I wouldn't count on it. On my previous cruises, I have visited the pursers's desk on the 1st or 2nd day of the cruise. I have heard a number of people inquiring about upgrades. 100% of the time, I have heard from the person behind the desk that the cruise was full or that there was no unfilled cabins available.

In any case, good luck with your attempts....:)

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnuival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

We enquired for my mother -in -law and her friend. Her friend had been ill in the ship`s hospital and we asked if there was a balcony cabin available they could move to from their inside. We were prepaired to pay the balance of the cost but we were told the ship was full.

I won't count on it but I am going to ask. With the recent turn and uncertainty in the economy, ship full might not be a valid cry. I booked an obstructed guarantee and within days got upgraded to an ocean view. I was told by Princess, booking is down and the quick upgrade might discourage people from canceling before final payment......yep it worked. They mentioned another upgrade was possible. Ok, maybe that's just keeping a suckers dream alive :) I am happy with the oceanview and hopefully will be too busy enjoying the ship to care too much about the cabin.

Until recently, purchasing an upgrade after boarding was nearly impossible. As much as the cruise lines would like to sell them, there are very few opportunities to do so.

Lately we are seeing a few more cancellations and no-shows than normal. On my ship every week, within the first few hours of boarding, we have a list of about 50 people who want to purchase an upgrade, and another list of about 100 people who somehow think the world owes them a free upgrade. Guess which list we telephone first? Guess which list we never telephone?

Archived