Are there Irons on the SOLSTICE

fancymeetingyouhere

Don't want to pack the steamer if there are irons to use. Anyone know FOR SURE.

Both Irons and Steamers are not permitted on board Celebrity ships.

Are steamers allowed onboard?

Subject: Ship and Stateroom Details

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for a reasonable rate.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000zHZhS6yNFu5-SwLQ5T5kLkf:12h3rnd1c?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=3183&pagename=faq_answers

Well that's just dumb. THey expect everyone to dress up and then they don't have an ironing room. You would think they could have splurged for a $50 iron and and ironing board.

Celebrity views it has a fire risk; hence no irons. This had been debated on these boards at length. Try bringing the Downy Wrinkle Release. It actually works great. Just spray it on the garment and hang it in the bathroom while you shower. Between the Downy and the steam you should be wrinkle free.

Keep in mind that we are all in the same boat...so to speak.:D

Celebrity views it has a fire risk; hence no irons. This had been debated on these boards at length. Try bringing the Downy Wrinkle Release. It actually works great. Just spray it on the garment and hang it in the bathroom while you shower. Between the Downy and the steam you should be wrinkle free.

Another tip is to have your clothes done on board. I just throw my clothes in the suitcase and have them pressed once I get there. The prices are the same or cheaper than I pay at home.

I hadn't heard of that and looked it up. It seems to be Tide's version of Downy Wrinkle Release. I like how it is not a pump sprayer. It looks like it will give better coverage of the garment. Thanks for the tip!:)

fancymeetingyouhere-You may want to find another cruise line. Celebrity does not, and never has had, self-service laundry rooms onboard (although its upscale Azamara line does). Plus, you may want to check out the new smoking rules--very few areas for smokers onboard.

Do steamers really pose more of a fire threat than a lit cigarette or a curling iron left on in a cabin? I am curious because (don't flame me) Princess has always had laundry rooms with irons and ironing boards and their big fire on board was caused by a cigarette on the balcony.

Downey wrinkle release as well as hanging garments in the bathroom while you take a hot shower usually helps. My husband has actually pressed his sleeves with my daughter's flat iron for her hair! I just hate sending clothes out to be pressed beacuse the cruise line assumes no liability if something happens to the garment in most cases.

Again - I am not suggestion irons in rooms I am suggesting irons in a laundry fa-cil-ity. REGENT has them and it is not a fire hazard for them????

Cruisyguy - you suggest I find another cruiseline because I said it was dumb not to have irons - whats with that :eek:

Again - I am not suggestion irons in rooms I am suggesting irons in a laundry fa-cil-ity. REGENT has them and it is not a fire hazard for them????

Cruisyguy - you suggest I find another cruiseline because I said it was dumb not to have irons - whats with that :eek:

Seeing as you did not ask the question that way and that there are no public laundry fa-cil-ities on board, the only logical place for that iron to be is in the cabin. :rolleyes:

NCL has laundry and irons for guests. I was wondering how to smooth out my white shirt for formal nights. Guess will have to send them out.

That's what we always do. I don't bother pressing things that are easily creased and budget about $10 to have it all done onboard. It's about a dollar for a shirt to be pressed.

Is there a charge to putt on the lawn?

This was posted on another thread:

2. There was no charge to putt the lawn club, although it was only open at certain times throughout the day (other times the lawn was 'resting') and there were only 3 clubs available to be shared. There was a nice seating area along-side of this you could relax or watch people putt. __________________

Steve :)

Archived