NEED ADVISE: Off port parking at Ft Lauderdale????

JimVrhovac

We are leaving on the Statendam Dec 6th and we are tired of paying the rediculous parking charges at the Port of Ft Lauderdale.

Do you know of any offsite parking lots that provide transportation to and from the pier.

Thank you for you help in advance...

Ruth & Jim

If you want to save a little money, try

http://www.pnfnetwork.com/

They are located just off the port, offer a shuttle to and from the ship, and are a little cheaper. HAL offers a discount, usually a coupon in your packet but also by ereserving with a link on the HAL website. Go to HollandAmerica.com, select "for Booked Guests", "Planning and Advise", "Arrival, Boarding, & Disembarkation". It will then show a link to ParkNFly.

I have parked here three times and had no problems.

Also, if you arrive in FLL the night before several hotels will allow you to park for the week and shuttle you to the port. I don't know about returning to the hotel after the cruise.

An earlier thread with discussion can be found at -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=871174

Rich

If you want to save a little money, try

http://www.pnfnetwork.com/

They are located just off the port, offer a shuttle to and from the ship, and are a little cheaper. HAL offers a discount, usually a coupon in your packet but also by ereserving with a link on the HAL website. Go to HollandAmerica.com, select "for Booked Guests", "Planning and Advise", "Arrival, Boarding, & Disembarkation". It will then show a link to ParkNFly.

I have parked here three times and had no problems.

Also, if you arrive in FLL the night before several hotels will allow you to park for the week and shuttle you to the port. I don't know about returning to the hotel after the cruise.

An earlier thread with discussion can be found at -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=871174

Rich

Both very good points and both very good options. My father in law never flies and all the cruises he has been on, he has driven from MI to FL. The first few times he parked at the park and fly and had very good service and ease of use with them. The last time, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and was able to keep his car there. It was a rather inexpensivbe option per day. The hotel has a shuttle that we used and had no problems at all either way, coming or going. Good luck!

PS, we are sailing out of FLL that day too! I hope to see you through the hoards of people as yourself and wife are one of the folks my husband and I always wanted to meet. :) We are sailing the Eurodam that day.

Happy Travels!

Stayed at the LaQuinta (Airport) . Free parking at the Hotel. Several restaurants a short walk or drive away. Free shuttle to the pier (only). Taxi ride back about 22 dollars. No issues with damage to the car and besides that it's insured. Airline crews stay there and it's fine for an overnight stay. Rates are cheaper than 17th street. :)

We parked at the Port Everglades parking garage for all of our past cruises (we liked the convenience); however, the latest price increase they've instituted is outrageous and we, too, are fed up with it (was $10/24-hrs, went up to $12 and now $15). We always drive over from SW Fla the day before and stay at the LQ (FLL Airport/Hollywood), which we'll be doing for the night before our upsoming 12/19 Prinsendam holiday sailing; will be leaving our car there while on our 14-day cruise, using LQ's comp'y shuttle to the pier (a very short ride). Checked their web site the other day and they had an AAA/AARP/Senior rate of $62.10 for two doubles (rate had been $121). We stay there regularly and have found it to be a very clean, nice hotel with an enjoyable breakfast and friendly staff. The nominal cab fare back to the hotel sure beats paying $210 to park at the Port's garage. JMHO

Jim, I again just checked the rates for the LQ in Hollywood, FL and for AAA/AARP/Senior it comes up at $80.10 for two doubles or $85.10 for a king. These are the online rates from LQ's web site. Nothing shows up for a rate of $116. (Last week, two doubles were being offered on their web site for $62.10)

There is a form you fill out indicating the dates you will be away. Also included is a waiver relieving the hotel of any liability. I was able to get my car parked at the side where the car was clearly visible to persons waiting for the elevator. Whenever I stay at any hotel I always park somewhere were the car can been seen by either staff or guests. Local criminals will pick an easier target. :)

Archived