Q1 2009 Fuel Surcharge Refund Watch Thread

hawt1

[quote name='rednancy1']If, prior to boarding, you presented a credit card to pay for your Seapass (onboard spending) any unused OBC (credit for fuel surcharge) will automatically be credited to that credit card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for info.

[quote name='TEXASMUNK']I will not allow anyone to curmudgen to stomp on the OIL WATCH!
I have the Bloomburg WTI pricing in a favorites....

My only concern is Congress will rescend the off shore drilling agreement they voted on before the election...that will spike prices big time.

Cross your fingers....One more OBC...converts to 20 additional Bloody Mary's or the wine package or a spa visit for the wife.....gratuities[/quote]
For ME--credit my credit card:D we already have grats paid by our TA. $210 split between 4 of us!!!!! so we will be watching and watching and watching & not just for Q1 either!!!

[quote name='TexCruise371']The way things have been going.....it probably won't be combinable with any other OBC so, if you have a Next Cruise or stockholder's credit we will probably be out of luck...:rolleyes::D[/quote]
roflmao. funny, BUT I wouldn't take that one well at all

Originally Posted by [B]TEXASMUNK[/B] [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17150715#post17150715"][IMG]http://boards12.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL]
[I]I will not allow anyone to curmudgen to stomp on the OIL WATCH![/I]
[I]I have the Bloomburg WTI pricing in a favorites....[/I]

[I]My only concern is Congress will rescend the off shore drilling agreement they voted on before the election...that will spike prices big time.[/I]

[I]Cross your fingers....One more OBC...converts to 20 additional Bloody Mary's or the wine package or a spa visit for the wife.....gratuities[/I]

[I][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]The offshore drilling agreement is a joke. It limits offshore drilling to 50-100 miles offshore (not sure of the amount), thus limiting any good this agreement could do. :([/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

LATEST UPDATE

Days until price check: 18

If oil closes on December 18th below $65.00 per barrel, Q1 2009 passengers get an OBC for their fuel surcharge.

Price of oil at last closing on November 28th: $54.43

TREND

November 28th - $54.43

November 27th - No Trading

November 26th - $54.44

November 25th - $49.77

November 24th - $53.30

December 1 (morning) - WTI is trading at around $50.80

Difference between this morning's price and target: $14.19

Required increase per day to NOT get refund: $0.7883

OPEC meeting this weekend ends with no change in output - next OPEC meeting is December 17th

Q1 looking fairly good although do not want to count our OBC (on board chickens) before they are hatched.

Hawt1

LATEST UPDATE

Days until price check: 18

If oil closes on December 18th below $65.00 per barrel, Q1 2009 passengers get an OBC for their fuel surcharge.

Price of oil at last closing on November 28th: $54.43

TREND

November 28th - $54.43

November 26th - $54.44

November 25th - $49.77

November 24th - $53.30

December 1 (morning) - WTI is trading at around $50.80

Difference between this morning's price and target: $14.19

Required increase per day to NOT get refund: $0.7883

OPEC meeting this weekend ends with no change in output - next OPEC meeting is December 17th

Q1 looking fairly good although do not want to count our OBC (on board chickens) before they are hatched.

Hawt1

Very funny...

Count me in: 2 for 7 days @ $5/day: $70 of hope for me!

WTI currently back below $50.00.

Thank you OPEC for admitting that the problem is not the price or demand but the fact that your members continue to over produce the quota restrictions to which they agree!

Just want to confirm . . .our cruise is not until March 29, so final payment is not due until early Jan. If the fuel surcharge is removed, RCCL will just reduce my final payment right? You only receive OBC if you are paid in full on December 18th, correct?

Just want to confirm . . .our cruise is not until March 29, so final payment is not due until early Jan. If the fuel surcharge is removed, RCCL will just reduce my final payment right? You only receive OBC if you are paid in full on December 18th, correct?

I believe it is OBC no matter what. We sail in March as well and were told by RCI that they would not be reducing final payments, they would just be giving OBC.

yes, just have them charge your account..

Stock Market tanks AGAIN today, but oil slips almost $5.00 a barrel.

We will be our OBC but be too darn broke to spend anything else!!!

This is a win/lose situation. We lose all our money in the stock market and make it up in OBC. :eek:

I believe it is OBC no matter what. We sail in March as well and were told by RCI that they would not be reducing final payments, they would just be giving OBC.

My guess is they are thinking if they give it as an OBC, most people will feel obligated to spend it on board, and thus they still get most of the money.

LATEST UPDATE

Days until price check: 17

Price of oil at last closing on December 1st: $54.43

TREND

December 1st - $49.28

November 28th - $54.43

November 26th - $54.44

November 25th - $49.77

December 2 (morning) - WTI is trading at around $49.83

Difference between this morning's price and target: $15.17

Required increase per day to NOT get refund: $0.8918

Archived