Tanning metholds

Ratdoggie

My guess is that lots of people tan before a cruise and I plan to do so before our next one. So my question is...what is your preference?

- tanning booth

- spray on tan

- tanning lotion (this is my pick, a lot of work but it's safe and I'm very fair)

- or natural!

I prefer the tanning lotions, although I sometimes do the spray-on (at home). This next cruise, I will probably do a few tanning booth visits. Living in Michigan, I will want to get a little exposure before hitting the Caribbean. I don't want to be a french fry on the first day!

Tanning booth, so when I do hit the "real" sun, I won't burn! The self-tanner lotions are ok for a while, but they take almost everyday maintenance to keep looking good. I'll use them if I'm wearing something sleeveless during the holidays, but for an "everyday tan", I'd rather have the real thing.

How embarrassing...I meant Tanning Methods in my title. Sorry about the typo! :rolleyes:

LOL!! :D

We start tanning about 2 weeks before we leave. We'll start off slow then go longer as the cruise gets closer.

We do the booths.

I tried the professional spray on for a wedding recently. I looked good enough for the wedding, but as it wore off it looked really odd. As another post said the only protection from burning is a real tan, before cruises I always tan a few weeks before hand and have never spent my vacations burnt and in pain.

I tried the professional spray on for a wedding recently. I looked good enough for the wedding, but as it wore off it looked really odd. As another post said the only protection from burning is a real tan, before cruises I always tan a few weeks before hand and have never spent my vacations burnt and in pain.

But your pain from skin cancer will be really bad when you get older.

DON

But your pain from skin cancer will be really bad when you get older.

DON

I am always amazed by the people who have nothing positive to add to a post, but must chime in anyway!!! HAVE A NICE SUNSHINNY DAY!!!!:mad:

Not for a cruise, but before New Years Eve a few years ago...I tried the spray tan. I looked nice and tan, and my friend said me....you look great! did you go on vacation or something? ..I told her....thank you, but no. ...plus I saw her a few days before? :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
I prefer the tanning lotions, although I sometimes do the spray-on (at home). This next cruise, I will probably do a few tanning booth visits. Living in Michigan, I will want to get a little exposure before hitting the Caribbean. I don't want to be a french fry on the first day!

If I use anything I use the chemical tan lotions-my SIL had a melanoma taken off 3 years ago-no cancer tans for me.

One thing that works well-to give you some color is to use a bronzer that is in in a powder compact. That can go on your arms and legs also-I use it every summer-no, it does not work to get in the pool a sit washes off in water-but you an give yourself a temporary glow every day with that.

BTW, I just want to say that many people no longer tan- you will not be the only pale person on ship-don't let that be a concern. Yes, you will see tan people, but if you saw some of those that I have seen-like a nice slim woman in a bikini whose skin looked like leather and made her appear to be 80-except because of her slim shape I knew she could be no more than 40-you would not worry about tanning. There was noting gorgeous about that poor woman's skin.

Since I just recently had a chunck of my back taken out to basal cell carcinoma, I whole-heartedly agree on the spray-on tan. I've done them several times and they look great! You can supplement them while you are on vacation with a gentle tanning cream like the one from Vaseline or Avon. I'm 44 and not an inch of me goes out with at least 50 SPF on. Have a great vacation!

Archived