Help- Solstice AQ and Blu

beachseeker

Booked on the Solstice in March and having second thoughts. DH and I just returned from the Crown Princess. Solstice and Crown were both in St Martin on Wednesday. We met a couple at Orient Beach who were in an AQ stateroom. They said they were not pleased with Blu, very few choices on the menu, portions were very small and they left the restaurant hungry, and Blu was not open seating. The couple said Blu was empty most evenings. If you don't want to eat in Blu, how hard is it to eat in the main dining room? At the airport in Ft. Lauderdale another couple said they should not have let their TA talk them into this cruise. They will return to Holland America. Our final payment is due in a week. Want to hear other opinions on Blu.

Beachseeker ~ I was not in AC and therefore didn't eat in Blu but I spoke to some passengers the last day of the cruise who told me they loved it and would only book AC cabins in the future. They did say portions were smaller but you can ask for more if you want something else. It isn't limited. Additionally, if you REALLY dislike Blu, it would be fairly easy to switch to the main dining room provided the ship isn't totally full. With the various dining options on board, the main dining room had available tables every night.

I found the staff in ALL the restaurants to be very accommodating. Keep in mind that Blu and the addition of more alternate restaurants is new and that they will continue to tweak these areas as they go forward. If you really wanted to opt out of Blu, I'm betting you could do it easily.

we were in aq blu was very good food portions were small but filling selection we left up to out waiter he did a great job rest early shift about half full most nites .we went to murano one nite very dissapointing 30 surcharge only good for part of men. we liked blu better

Archived