No changes starts today!

Litewait

I just emailed my PVP regarding an on board credit after final payment. I found it today while on the Carnival website;

This is his response:

Donna,

We have a new policy in place as of Friday that no bookings can have changes made to them while inside the penalty period. For this cruise the penalty period began on 10/30

It is actually in affect as of today, because today is the start of our fiscal year. It doesnt say this policy or any change of promotion policy in the documents. You can call my supervisors at ext 83369, but I am told that this policy is now in affect company wide on all levels and that nothing can be done to change the promotion.

So, Don't plan on any onboard credits, or upgrades from now on. Carnival is really beginning to SUCK!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

I just emailed my PVP regarding an on board credit after final payment. I found it today while on the Carnival website;

This is his response:

Donna,

We have a new policy in place as of Friday that no bookings can have changes made to them while inside the penalty period. For this cruise the penalty period began on 10/30

It is actually in affect as of today, because today is the start of our fiscal year. It doesnt say this policy or any change of promotion policy in the documents. You can call my supervisors at ext 83369, but I am told that this policy is now in affect company wide on all levels and that nothing can be done to change the promotion.

So, Don't plan on any onboard credits, or upgrades from now on. Carnival is really beginning to SUCK!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

If what she says is true, it is pretty much what I have been saying for a while now and had to happen soon....Carnival let this OBC thing get totally out of control and is now biting them in the a ** ! It POSSIBLY is why they also have not reduced or elimintated some of the fuel supplements as well w/out jumping thru the whoops of deciphereing their mathematical nightmare of a refund policy !

What an unprofessional way to close an email or coorespondance to a client about the company they work for.

!

I don't believe that was part of the quote from the PVP. Donna just tacked that on for our benefit, right?:D

I have never had a problem with my PVP until this cruise. And he has balked at everything. Maybe it is because Carnival is cutting back. But after 10 cruises he could have been more courteous. I won't book with them ever, early again. You can get better deals within the final payment period. Atleast that is what I am seeing now.

I could get the same rate I booked in April for and an onboard credit of $100 per cabin had I waited. And it's a holiday cruise. Yes, I got scr***d!

Oh, I get it now. The Carnival sucks part. No, I did not send that to the PVP.

Happy Cruising!

Donna

I think the part you highlighted was from the OP not the PVP.

I don't believe that was part of the quote from the PVP. Donna just tacked that on for our benefit, right?:D

I stand corrected.....sorry guys. But the way it was posted, it appeared to be from the email sender INCLUDING the signature at end ! :rolleyes:

There are a few pages of this discussed already here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=881362

I know that people can't actually be expected to check the board multiple times a day like some of us :o but checking for existing threads before starting a new one isn't a bad idea.

Then again, we all love to repeat ourselves, too. :D

Bad for the customer, but they have to stay in business somehow.

Let's say they are a month out and they have 50 balcony cabins left to sell at $1000 per person. That is a $100,000 loss if they sail empty (2 pers per cabin).

If they drop the price $50 per person (2 per cabin) they fill the cabins and sell an extra $95,000.

If they extend that price to the entire ship (3000 guests), it costs them about $150,000. Or a net-loss of $55,000 over sailing empty.

The math isn't precise, but the concept is the same.

I know that people can't actually be expected to check the board multiple times a day like some of us :o but checking for existing threads before starting a new one isn't a bad idea.

Today is the day it was supposed to come into effect so I think the start of this thread was valid..... now will more threads surface after this one??? I pretty much will say yes to that ! :rolleyes:

They've just decided to stick to the terms of their contracts. I don't blame them. This is precisely the problem with giving people something they're not contractually entitled to. If you do decide in the future to enforce the contract, then people start to get upset.

I know there are other threads. I wanted people to know it started TODAY. Some people don't read all those threads that are forwarning us of things that might happen. I think it would be nice and save them the phone headaches if they sent a mass email to their booked clients letting them know. People will continue to call requesting OBC as long as they don't announce it well.

I do get on here alot everyday.

Happy Cruising~

Donna

I'm not surprised Carnival has done this.....at least they do honor price drops before final payment and I'm grateful for that.

I'm not upset by this in the least.......I'm just glad to be able to continue sailing in this very "unstable" economy!

I'm not surprised Carnival has done this.....at least they do honor price drops before final payment and I'm grateful for that.

I'm not upset by this in the least.......I'm just glad to be able to continue sailing in this very "unstable" economy!

Wouldn't they pretty much have to honor price drops before the final payoff date?

If they didn't wouldn't people just cancel and rebook?

Bill

Wouldn't they pretty much have to honor price drops before the final payoff date?

If they didn't wouldn't people just cancel and rebook?

Bill

Yes you could cancel and rebook, but many people are on cruises with family and/or friends, and have their cabins and dining tables set, and there is no guarantee that you will get all this back if you cancel and rebook. If it is just a single cabin you're talking about, I am sure that some of them will cancel and try to rebook.

A lot of people are saying that we shouldn't be upset because we're wanting something for nothing.

What keeps popping up in my mind is my PVP specifically telling me that if the price drops, they will match that price through a refund or OBC. Now, if my price drops (which I doubt it will), I won't get it. Isn't that false advertising?

I can only assume that this is a mistake on the PVP's part because she didn't know that this was coming. But I would have thought that management knew that they were changing their policy and notified the PVP's that they shouldn't make statements like that.

A lot of people are saying that we shouldn't be upset because we're wanting something for nothing.

What keeps popping up in my mind is my PVP specifically telling me that if the price drops, they will match that price through a refund or OBC. Now, if my price drops (which I doubt it will), I won't get it. Isn't that false advertising?

I can only assume that this is a mistake on the PVP's part because she didn't know that this was coming. But I would have thought that management knew that they were changing their policy and notified the PVP's that they shouldn't make statements like that.

When did you PVP tell you that? I doubt most knew before last week.

They've just decided to stick to the terms of their contracts. I don't blame them. This is precisely the problem with giving people something they're not contractually entitled to. If you do decide in the future to enforce the contract, then people start to get upset.

I agree, totally.

They've dealt with the missed ports compensation problem with their new policy on that....

They've now dealt with the price reduction OBC thingie.

Also the fuel surcharge mess.......

Next, booze smugglers????? With the sale of alcohol being the 2nd highest generator of revenue (behind shore excursions)--and the proliferation of those who ignore the rules - and all the chatter across all the cruise forums on "how to" do it.....can it be long before they do as Celebrity does; scan every bag....... Of course, you won't get your luggage as quickly but if it works....I say go for it.

They will do what is necessary to improve/maintain their bottom line and I say good for them.

Archived