Majesty 11/28-12/1 Review with Lots of Pics!!

ebandive

I forgot to mention that one of the questions to the captian was what kind of weather to expect that night. He said rain and 4-7 foot waves. I've only had very smooth sailing on past cruises so this felt like we were really rocking! Of course, it could have been the drinks. :rolleyes:

I wanted to stay up to watch quest since we missed it on our last cruise as well, but I was just too beat, and wanted to get up to watch us pull into Miami. We walked around the ship awhile, I took a few more pictures of the atrium, then we walked deck 7, leaning into the wind and trying not to fall on the wet floors. The sea is so beautiful at night.

I'm bummed the cruise is coming to an end so quickly.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After dinner we had gone to a juggling/comedian act. It was quite good. I'm not very fond of jugglers usually, but he was quite good. And while the guy himself was not very funny, his act was very entertaining and he had great crowd participation. I don't remember his name off hand but if anyone really wants to know I'll go home and look it up and get back to you.

I set the alarm for 6 AM, hoping that would be good enough to be up on deck before pulling past South Beach. I woke up at 5:30, looked at the Bridge Cam on the TV, didn't see any lights, so went back to sleep to wait until 6:00.

When the alarm went off, I first looked at the bridge cam, and panicked! We missed it! We are already at Miami! I threw on a sweatshirt and pulled my hair back in lightning speed, and I was off to deck 12!

Though I missed pulling past the beach, I still had a good show.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

You can see how fast the sky was lighting up, even without the sun yet. The ship pulled all the way in, then did 180 degree turn on the spot before turning back and pulling up next to port.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This is the first time on a crusie that I've gotten up early to watch us pull up to port. Usually on the last day I just want to sleep in, but seeing the lights of Miami from the sea at night really inspired me to bite the bullet and get up. It was so worth it. On past cruises, I've felt ripped from my beloved ship way too early . This help give me some closure, gave me a sense of contentment, and allowed me to fully enjoy that last breakfast buffet.

That's the last of my pictures.

I must tell you about debarkation. According to both the cruise staff and the port authorities, this was the worst and longest Majesty debaration in a long time. Something was not right with the foreign immigration. Since one of our friends is Canadian (but a Permanent U.S. resident with a green card), we had to go in the foreign line. We were told my ship staff at 9:30 that our bags were already outside so we might as well go wait in line. We were in line 2 hours. What made it worse is that at the beginning of the line, we asked about our friend's residency status to make sure we were in the right place. After our long wait we finally made it to the front, but the staff blocked us and said we must go through foreign immigration. So we had to wait in a different line all over again. This happened over and over to people. I guess usually there isn't such a problem, but still I wish the staff at the beginning of the line had been more knowledgable. We ended up getting off the ship a little after 11:30, the exact time we boarded on the way on.

I was afraid this would turn our friends off to crusing, but luckily it didn't! We all had a great time together and have already talked about doing another one!

I really, REALLY want to go back to Coco Cay to go snorkeling again, and woudn't mind stopping at Nassau just because there was another purse at the straw market I wish I would have gotten! :p There was much more of Atlantis that we didn't see as well.

We all had such a great time. Vacations are what you make of it, and we didn't let the little things get us down. If I can find the time off school and can pull the finances together, I would without a doubt go on this same triip again!

Now I'm just waiting for my snorkeling pictures. I will post those, but if anyone has any questions I will try my best to answer! :):):)

While you at Coco Cay, did you notice people taking their food back to their chairs or did they only eat at the tables.

I didn't notice one way or the other. There were beach chairs pretty close so I imagine it would be easy to do. But there were hungry seagulls, so I woudn't set your food down and leave it for even a second. :)

Erin

Again, THANK YOU so much for your version of "Your Cruise In Review." ;) This really has gotten my cruise blood flowing since we sail Monday.

Your pics are wonderful and the way you put your cruise in words is great. You have a gift there and must find a way to use it.

I really hope you have not let your studies slide while providing all of us hours of reading & pics about your cruise.

My wife and I are on the Majesty Monday and I know we will be going to the market. If you would like to send me an email (my email is in my sig) we will be more than happy to try and pick up the purse you were wanting. Just let me know!

Tim

I'm taking the kids on their first ever cruise in January. I've sent DD this link so she can see what she's waiting for. Thanks so very much for sharing!!

Your welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure your kids wil love their first cruise!;)

Erin

Again, THANK YOU so much for your version of "Your Cruise In Review." ;) This really has gotten my cruise blood flowing since we sail Monday.

Your pics are wonderful and the way you put your cruise in words is great. You have a gift there and must find a way to use it.

I really hope you have not let your studies slide while providing all of us hours of reading & pics about your cruise.

My wife and I are on the Majesty Monday and I know we will be going to the market. If you would like to send me an email (my email is in my sig) we will be more than happy to try and pick up the purse you were wanting. Just let me know!

Tim

My goodness, thank you for such nice comments. And thanks for offering to get the purse! I can't believe someone would be so kind! I wish I had taken a picture of it... I probably won't take you up on your gracious offer, but if I can find a picture online I'll drop you an email to arrange it. Again, that was so thoughtful of you to offer. Thanks! :p :D

Erin - Thanks again for your terrific and inspiring chronicle of your recent cruise. We will be on MOS in three weeks, and I canot wait! You have given me many very helpful ideas, such as the staircase in Nassau and snorkling on CoCoCay. Your pictures really do help to give a better sense of what a particular experience will be like.

Thank you again!

Hi Erin

I absolutely loved reading your review. The photos are awesome. One of which - I think it was Coco Cay would look amazing on canvas...have you thought about enlarging any of them and doing that...make a great reminder of your cruise. Thanks for sharing your cruising experience.

Erin, thank you so much for the wonderful review. I actually was on Monarch the week before you did Majesty. I had my mom and sister with me it was their first time cruising. We had the cold front with us lol. We didnt get to tender at CoCo Cay so I cant wait to get to my mothers and show her your pics. She can at least see what it looks like. I have been there 3 other times and tried to describe it and how calm the waters usually are. Now she can see! Might send to my sis, dont know the seas were so rough she will not be cruising again lmao. :p So glad you and Charlie had a great time. Good luck with your studies and thanks again. :)

Great pictures! We qre sailing next week end and hope to have the same great weather you had.

I like to get up early to see the sun rise and take pictures as we come into ports.

We are sailing with a couple that is going with us as their first cruise, so it was great to give them some teaser pictures to look at.

To everyone, thanks for all the nice comments! I appreciate it!

Erin, again, I have enjoyed your pictures and review. Just a quick question, if one is not a great swimmer do you think it would be possible to still snorkle at Coco Cay (with a vest of course) or would that be a no no?

Bevie

I don't see why not. The vests are the kind that inflate when you blow air into them. I never blew air into mine so I could still dive down under water. Being in salt water you tend to float easily anyways. I'd just blow the vest up before you get into the water. I saw many people with theirs blown up. Also, there is a certain string you can pull so that in case of emergency, someone would come to help. I was tired at the end of the swim, but the beauty of it is that you can stop swimming whenever you want, and just rest floating while breathing through the snorkel, still watching the fish beneath you.

Maybe you could plan on just going to the first rest area and see how you feel once you get there to determine if you want to go all the way out. CLARIFICATION ON THE FIRST REST AREA: I mentioned earlier that there was a dock. It's true there is a dock, but I was just talking to Charlie about it and I don't think it's meant for you to go up on. There is a lifeguard up there watching to make sure everyone is OK. But below the dock are large shallow rocks that are high enough for you to stand on. Those are what we rested on, and had fish swimming all around us as we stood there. You still see lots of fish swimming out just over all the big rocks.

MarinerGroom, the taxi ride was more exhilirating than perhaps what you'd find in the States, but very mild in comparison to trips I've had in other foreign countries. It's all part of the adventure! :rolleyes: ;) :p

I mailed my underwater film to shutterfly on Monday for processing, so any time now I should have those snorkeling pictures back. Thanks for being patient! :)

Then we walked up from Deck 12 to Deck 14 to take a look at the Viking Crown Lounge. On the Grandeur last year, this was one of our favorite hangouts. But on this sailing, this was the only time we were up here all weekend.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Can anyone use the Viking Crown Lounge? For some reason I thought it was for higher level C&A members, or am I thinking of somewhere else? I'm trying to plan Meet & Mingle for our group and looking for ideas of where we can do it.

I don't see why not. The vests are the kind that inflate when you blow air into them. I never blew air into mine so I could still dive down under water. Being in salt water you tend to float easily anyways. I'd just blow the vest up before you get into the water. I saw many people with theirs blown up. Also, there is a certain string you can pull so that in case of emergency, someone would come to help. I was tired at the end of the swim, but the beauty of it is that you can stop swimming whenever you want, and just rest floating while breathing through the snorkel, still watching the fish beneath you.

Maybe you could plan on just going to the first rest area and see how you feel once you get there to determine if you want to go all the way out. CLARIFICATION ON THE FIRST REST AREA: I mentioned earlier that there was a dock. It's true there is a dock, but I was just talking to Charlie about it and I don't think it's meant for you to go up on. There is a lifeguard up there watching to make sure everyone is OK. But below the dock are large shallow rocks that are high enough for you to stand on. Those are what we rested on, and had fish swimming all around us as we stood there. You still see lots of fish swimming out just over all the big rocks.

Thanks. Looking forward to it. I only snorkel for the first time on my cruise this past April and then again in Tobago in May and I loved it but I did not go out too far and my husband was close by. Thanks again!

Bevie

Can anyone use the Viking Crown Lounge? For some reason I thought it was for higher level C&A members, or am I thinking of somewhere else? I'm trying to plan Meet & Mingle for our group and looking for ideas of where we can do it.

It's open to everyone.

Erin,

Just wanted to let you know I have enjoyed your Majesty review soooo much! :)

My DH pointed it out to me a couple days ago... he has been going back and forth to see if you have posted anything new. LOL He was cracking me up!!! :D

Then I read it... ;)

I was the same way... wondering if you had anything new on the thread!

We leave Mon. on the Majesty and I want you to know that I have been having trouble getting excited about this cruise because of the economy and all the depressing news all around us. If your review doesn't get a person excited about cruising nothing will! Well enough on that...

Thanks again for such a great review!!!

Crystal

Archived