Help me make sense of my stateroom number!

nilsbyy

It's 6683, which I've learned is on deck 6 and is an 'N category' interior stateroom.

What's the difference between N, L, & Q categories? Do they number the decks from the top or from the bottom like you would a building? Is that at the back of the ship or the front, and which is better? If it's directly below the dining room (I'm not certain I'm reading the diagrams correctly), is that going to be unbearably noisy?

Somebody help me make sense of this!

Generally, the higher the letter, the less it costs. So N would be a higher category than Q. Q is generally the same size cabins, but its odd ball cabins way forward or way aft. On Oasis Q cabins are also small in size to the other inside categories.

It would help to know what ship you are on. It would be unusual for deck 6 to be below the dining room which is usually on like decks, 3/4 and even 5 in a three tiered dining room like on Voyager.

I just looked at the deck plan on Voyager, and 6683, Cat. N Interior cabin, is located at the very back of the ship. You will not hear any noise above you because it will be all cabins on Deck 7. On Deck 5, directly below you, is a dining room, which again, shouldn't be an issue with noise. The only negative (for me that is,) would be the long walk to and from your cabin from other parts of the ship. I like cabins mid-ship to shorten the walks everywhere. I get my exercise walking the stairs rather than using the elevators....;) That Interior Cat. N cabin is 160 sq. ft. which while not huge, isn't too small either. You should see the tiny cabins (interior AND outside) on the older ships! Talk about small!!

Karen

6683 is right at the back of shp on the 6th deck on the port side. The only thing above you is cabin 7683 and below you the upper tier of the dining room.

The decks are numbered from the waterline up, so you are on the 6th deck above the water, about halfway up the ship.

As others have mentioned, basically an interior cabin is an interior cabin, the different catagories are based on location and the availability of pullman beds.

I just looked at the deck plan on Voyager, and 6683, Cat. N Interior cabin, is located at the very back of the ship. You will not hear any noise above you because it will be all cabins on Deck 7. On Deck 5, directly below you, is a dining room, which again, shouldn't be an issue with noise. The only negative (for me that is,) would be the long walk to and from your cabin from other parts of the ship. I like cabins mid-ship to shorten the walks everywhere. I get my exercise walking the stairs rather than using the elevators....;) That Interior Cat. N cabin is 160 sq. ft. which while not huge, isn't too small either. You should see the tiny cabins (interior AND outside) on the older ships! Talk about small!!

Karen

guess you type faster than me:D

...You should see the tiny cabins (interior AND outside) on the older ships! Talk about small!!

Karen

You are definately right! ;) That is bigger than the superior oceanview (157 sq ft) we have booked on the Monarch

Deck numbers increase as you go higher, as in a building. The first digit of the stateroom number is the deck (1 indicates deck 10). Stateroom numbers increase as you go from the bow to the stern. For Freedom, Voyager and Sovereign classes, if the last three digits is below 500 the stateroom is on the starboard (right) side, while those greater than or equal to 500 are on the port (left) side. For Oasis, Radiance and Vision classes the < 500 numbers are on the port side and those >= 500 on the starboard side (don't ask me why they're not the same for all ships). If there is a middle row of interior staterooms their numbers are generally below 500.

On the Voyager, cabin 6683 is interior aft on the port side of deck 6 and is above the third floor of the main dining room. Its opposite number on the starboard side is 6383.

Now, if you are not completely confused, staterooms on the Oasis on decks higher than 9 have a 5 digit number, hence 11560 is on the starboard side of deck 11.

Good luck finding your stateroom! :)

I'll be on a Voyager class ship this month and have done my research on cabins and deck plans. What I have found is...the food is aft and entertainment is forward....for the most part. We have a cabin forward...easy to Cafe Promenade for quick snacks, but other than that we'll be hiking to the aft end of the ship for Windjammer and Dining room (may help work off some lbs). But we are always going to the shows and entertainment which will, for the most part, be forward...so more convenient for us.

Thanks for the explanations! My internet was out for 3 days and when I came back I conveniently had all the answers I needed :)

Quiet and near the food sounds great for me, and I don't really mind being farther from the stairs/elevator --- it will just mean I don't get as fat on all that tasty food I'm going to be close to!

Archived