Jack's Shack!!!

floatingaway2525

I just wanted to let anyone that wants a great relaxing fun day to head to Jack's at GT!!! As you come off the pier, go left behind the palm trees and walk about 10 minutes, past where the Carnival Cruise Center property ends, and you will see a deck with blue and red umbrella tables around a tiki bar. That's Jack's!!

Say hi to Jack and Janet, they are regrouping after the storm, still running on generators as of early November, but with that fighter spirit to succeed, and they are!!

Great place, the best part of the beach IMO, great people. It's outdoors, on the deck of the dive shop. Wonderful drinks, and Jack will grill burgers. <<Have a Pink Flamingo, my personal favorite>>, and Jack will grill burgers!!!

One of the highlights of my cruise!!! Worth the walk!!! And, Jack may be able to drive you back if you have too many Pink Flamingos:rolleyes:

This is looking left from the cruise pier. Jack's is before that pier you see in the distance.

7ba47ac0.jpg

Sitting on the deck, what a view!

88298a9f.jpg

e6929a0a.jpg

Jack and Janet...great people, go and support them!

a9a2271d.jpg

eaf29a2c.jpg

Hey guys!! I am sorry I posted and ran LOL...I have been work traveling since the day after I got home from this cruise :rolleyes:

I hung out on the deck all day and tested the bar menu:D There was no charging for the lounges that I saw, I would think if you are a customer it's no worries. The drinks were....dang..do not remember for sure....not cheap though, remember, these guys have to import everything!!! I can tell you for sure that the pours are oh-so-great!!!:p Think pink!!

I will get some sinners over here with more detail, some went on the ski mobiles, some snorkeled right there, it was a blast!

Be back with more info!!!

Hey guys!! I am sorry I posted and ran LOL...I have been work traveling since the day after I got home from this cruise :rolleyes:

I hung out on the deck all day and tested the bar menu:D There was no charging for the lounges that I saw, I would think if you are a customer it's no worries. The drinks were....dang..do not remember for sure....not cheap though, remember, these guys have to import everything!!! I can tell you for sure that the pours are oh-so-great!!!:p Think pink!!

I will get some sinners over here with more detail, some went on the ski mobiles, some snorkeled right there, it was a blast!

Be back with more info!!!

Yep...great place. Jack and Janet were great. I remember beer was $4.00. That's about half the price it is at M-ville at the pier.

The walk down the beach was nice to get there. You can see it from the ship. Look to the left of the port and down the beach you will see the blue roof with the red umbrellas in front.....

I have a quick question. Can you reach Jack's by walking along the beach or do you have to go out to the road & walk left along the roadway? I'm currently onboard the Crystal Serenity & we'll be in GRT next Sun. Thought I'd drop in & say hi to J & J.

I have a quick question. Can you reach Jack's by walking along the beach or do you have to go out to the road & walk left along the roadway? I'm currently onboard the Crystal Serenity & we'll be in GRT next Sun. Thought I'd drop in & say hi to J & J.

Yes, once off the ship, go into the port area and keep going left. Once on the beach walk about 5 minutes. It is right before that next pier you can see! Enjoy and tell him the sinnas sent ya!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait to go here, will be in GT in Mid July, can't wait. We are hitting Jacks and Margaritaville!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D When you come out of the cruise terminal, make a left, is that the same way as Margaritaville or opposite?

I can't wait to go here, will be in GT in Mid July, can't wait. We are hitting Jacks and Margaritaville!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D When you come out of the cruise terminal, make a left, is that the same way as Margaritaville or opposite?

Margaritaville is right in the cruise terminal...that's why it is more crowded and expensive, and easier to get to...and yes, Jack's is up the beach to the left, outside of the cruise terminal beach property...SO worth the walk!!!

I LOVED GT, you will love it too!!!!:D

Having read and posted on this thread I made the treck down the beach to Jack's Shack with DW. Margaritaville was packed as well as lounges out front of it as 2 ships in port. Got to Jacks and nothing set up. No one there. No lounges and umbrellas. Time was about 10:30 am. DW needs shade so we turned around and went back to the party. Once at the party area we had a blast as she found lounge in shade and 1 in sun for me. I think Jack's would be great for a quiet time away from the crowds.

The purpose of CC is to give comments abnd all can't be positive or have a destination suit everyone.

Love the place as so much better than Princess Cays.

Having read and posted on this thread I made the treck down the beach to Jack's Shack with DW. Margaritaville was packed as well as lounges out front of it as 2 ships in port. Got to Jacks and nothing set up. No one there. No lounges and umbrellas. Time was about 10:30 am. DW needs shade so we turned around and went back to the party. Once at the party area we had a blast as she found lounge in shade and 1 in sun for me. I think Jack's would be great for a quiet time away from the crowds.

The purpose of CC is to give comments abnd all can't be positive or have a destination suit everyone.

Oh no so sorry to hear this...:( They were still running on generators when we were there in November and waiting for power to be restored...and trying to survive in the meantime!!:(

I would appreciate anyone going to GT reporting updates back here!! Here is hoping they are fine!!

Thanks for the info GSD!!! Jack's IS great for a quieter time away from the crowds, AND, like it was for us, a FABULOUS party place for our smaller group!!!:D:p

This is a bummer, was looking forward to this. I even got a golf cart so I could transfer a couple of people down there who would not be able to walk the distance due to knee problems. I'm gonna keep the golf carts though because I really want to do the tour of the island.

floatingaway2525-I would appreciate anyone going to GT reporting updates back here!! Here is hoping they are fine!!

I will let you know!!! I hope that it was only temporary. I didn't want to go to margaretiville because of the 2 ships in port the same time we will be there on Feb. 15,.

This is a bummer, was looking forward to this. I even got a golf cart so I could transfer a couple of people down there who would not be able to walk the distance due to knee problems.

Did you reserve the golf carts by e-mail or did you reach anyone by phone? I have tried twice unsuccessfully by e-mail?

May I ask how much the golf carts cost for 1/2 or full day?

Archived