Fuel Charge Reimbursed as Onboard Credit

realtysandy

It's said up to 3 weeks. If you want to know your balance due right now, just subtract the cost of the supplement. I imagine they're pretty busy updating invoices and whatnot. They're probably working on the sailings that are closer to the sail date at this time.

Thanks.

whether or not I get it will remain to be seen. Prices could very well increase again by March. I would prefer to get the credit back to my credit card just because my final payment is due the week of Christmas...but I will suck it up. .

You wouldnt pay it??!! Thats what it says, you will have it subtracted off your final bill. Nothing to suck up and I find it doubtfull they would add it back on by March.

You can absolutely get a refund of the supplement if you booked through a travel agent.

To the poster who inquired about this, contact your travel agent or the number on the website where you booked. They will be able to assist you further. Don't try to call Carnival, they won't 'touch' you if you have booked with a travel agent.

That was me asking! I booked through Expedia and just sent as email out to them. Hopefully, we will get it refunded...would be nice! But you never know what happens so not crossing my fingers.

Do you have the copy of your invoice? It should show what you paid for a supplement.

If not, log into your reservation at the Carnival website and click "modify booking" at the bottom left of the screen. The amount you paid will be shown there as well.

If I recall correctly, it was still $9/per person/per day for the first two guests per cabin even back in August. I booked in March and it was $5. It went up shortly after that.

It went up to $7 a day plus $2 per person for 3rd and 4th in cabin on April 21, and it went up to $9 a day plus $4 per person for 3rd and 4th in cabin some time in June.

1. Here is an interesting article from a local Pittsburgh newspaper:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_601555.html

2. For those that received small OBC without explanation, I believe that I heard it was a credit for taxes that Mexico overcharged for or reduced. Not sure, but I think that is what I heard...

I just checked our on-line documents and it shows the fuel surcharge has been removed. My PVP said that since we are 120 days out, we might have the money returned to our credit card. I would prefer the OBC, have a few foo-foo drinks on Carnival!:)

Just back from trip on Holiday. Everyone had a $20.00 OBC. I guess they gave us a little of our surcharge money back.
That would be great!!! :) We sail in 7 days, and as far as I know, we are not getting anything, as we sail on December 14!:eek::p

I'll take anything they offer, and I truthfully don't care how I get it...:D GIMMEE!!!;) And I'll smile for them as well...:cool:

Archived