With toddler and infant: best NCL, AIDA or MSC? swimming diapers?

catharina

Hi Guys

Hopefully you can give us some insight on one of these cruiselines.

we want to cruise with our 2,5 year old, almost 3 by the time we would cruise. I am pretty sure I won't have him toilet trained by then :-( So no swimming, which we loves. And of course his 1 yr old brother loves water too.

I do know that NCL has the No Swim diapers rule, but what about the other two?

And I saw a post about a special baby splash zone on the Enchantment, especially for kids in diapers. Does something like that exist on one of my lines? (spec AidaBella, Jade or MSC Fantasia)

Any other thoughts on cruising with the kids? We are guessing and inside cabin is not doable, right? Should we at least aim for balcony?

still a bit doubtful if it will be fun. We never cruised and obviously, with the kids, we won't be able to see shows and such.

Is there babysitting possibility?

Thanks for your input

Carina

5 in an inside cabin will be REALLY tight--try to get the largest cabin you can afford, or even, 2 connecting rooms!

You shouldn't have to miss the shows-- most are "family-friendly" and the kids will be entertained as well as you!

Call your cruiseline and ask about babysitting services--even on ships that offer it, it's not a guarantee that one will be available.

Just pick any ship you want and bring an inflatable pool. ;)

And you get a cabin that your budget can handle. If you can get a balcony, then great, you can step outside while they are sleeping. If not, then that's ok too. ;) You'll make it work. Parents do it all of the time.

I don't know much about Aida or MSC. I have never seen anything that says they have an infant splash area or in cabin sitting.

I think the OP only has two children, the almost 3 and the one year old. She is from Netherlands, and Europeans use a comma like we use a period. So 2,5 = 2-1/2. I couldn't find anything on the MSC USA site about children and pools, or babysitting. Children have to be 3 to use the kids program. EM

Neither NCL nor MSC allow children in diapers/swim diapers in their pools. Neither has in cabin sitting for children. Group sitting after 10pm for an hourly charge. Aida is a German line and I couldn't find any information on the internet that wasn't written in German.

Archived